P&L oriented, but takes care of their employees

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Match.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

They expect a lot out of you and tries to give you what you need to succeed. Definitely believes in taking care of their employees. Excellent benefits. Even though my entire group was cut, they made sure everyone had good severence, benefits and placement help.

Cons

Can be a bit cliquish in the office, with many different sub-companies in the same space. Ideas tend to only come from the top.

Give employees a bit more ownership by involving them in the process. Technical people want to solve problems, but they can't help if they don't know what the goals are until they get their pre-defined projects.

Other Reviews for Match.com

Exciting place to work, great people, great perks, great fun!!!!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Match.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Match provides a very stimulating technical environment. We have a very large-scale environment and provide the opportunity to solve large-scale problems. We are moving into a variety of new technologies that most engineers/developers/architects/operations would drool over. We do not outsource a lot, so our teams are involved with all aspects of engineering solutions. This includes design, development, implementation, operations, scalibility, high availability, etc, etc, etc. These days you don't see a lot of that. Especially in Dallas Texas.

The corporate culture is also very exciting. We have frequent happy hours, gym around the corner, on-site massages, bagel Friday's, parties at the lake, holiday parties, sports teams, etc, etc, etc.

Overall it is a challenging and fun place to work.

Cons

Our Product Management teams are consumed with metrics. This means a LOT of "digging holes" and then filling them in. We spend a lot of time building functionality in the hope of it raising member counts, but then we eventually scrap it because it does not pan out.

From the software engineering side, this is great because we can stretch ourselves by providing new solutions. From the operations perspective it is frustrating because we are constantly implementing features that eventually do not get used or get pulled out. From the business side it seems to be a large investment in resources for little payoff. From the member perspective it is probably frustrating to get features you never ask for......

Product Management is doing what they need to do in order to make Match.com a great experience for our subscribers/members. However sometimes we should just let the sleeping dog lay, don't constantly jiggle the handle........

One thing I can say for certain is that this is small issue and the overall technical/engineering aspects at Match.com far out weigh this small issue.

Slow down.....we are far and away the leader in the dating/relationship space. We should step out front and lead. Don't be so worried about what the competition is doing, worry about what we are doing.

Match.com is a great place to work

Former Employee - Applications Engineer  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Match.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, a wealth of knowledge to gain from everyone and team members are willing to help you develop your skill-set.

Cons

No that I can think of.

There are newer employer reviews for Match.com.

Worked for Match.com? Contribute to the Community!