There are newer employer reviews for MathWorks

Community of excellence - the company puts the staff first, and we put the customers first.

Current Employee - Technical Writer
Current Employee - Technical Writer

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MathWorks is full of hard-working, interesting, fun, extremely intelligent people who constantly challenge themselves. The company genuinely cares about its employees; the company's ethics (for example, the way everyone in my group takes the time to say "thank you" at least once a day) and benefits/perks (such as fresh fruit in the morning, and counseling services) reflect an incredible commitment to the well-being of the staff, and to ensuring that they're not only happy in their jobs but happy in their lives. (This is also reflected in the volunteer program and Social Mission, by the way-MathWorks' commitment to community and service was another big indicator for me of how good this company is.)

Cons

Commuting to the Natick campus from Boston can be a bit of a pain, especially if you can't drive and have a long-term injury or surgery. While Boston's MBTA provides reasonable service, they're also strapped for cash, and the MetroWest Regional Transit Authority (operating shuttles from MathWorks to MBTA stops) is unreliable, disorganized, and overcrowded. The company has a very strong commitment to on-campus, in-person business, which makes for a great and productive working environment, but it also means that working from home is not an option for extended periods of time, even with a doctor's note.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The pursuit of happiness

Current Employee - Managing Director
    Current Employee - Managing Director

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

MathWorks believes that an environment that challenges, in a positive and constructive way creates a stimulating and rewarding place to work, which in-turn helps us all be more productive. This is the kind of place I like to work. It’s fun to continually look for better ways of doing things, to make you think about the how, the what and the why. MathWorks approach to work, to getting stuff done and creating a fun environment makes me happy!

Cons

While I am a fan of processes we could be leaner in some areas of our business

Advice to Management

As we grow, locally and globally we need remain consistent on the application of our core values, this should remain a priority

2. One of the great companies to work for

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

cutting-edge technology
    leader in the model based design
    great work culture
    career and personal development opportunities

Cons

There could be improvement in compensation system