MathWorks

www.mathworks.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for MathWorks

Good place to work for beginners

I have been working at MathWorks

Pros

Could learn many useful things

Cons

Salary is not competitive for experienced persons.

380 Other Employee Reviews for MathWorks (View Most Recent)

Overall Value Is Fine, which Isn't True in China

Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company's core value at headquarters is not only eloquent, but also practical and realistic, and taken by so many employees working over there. Plus, the product is heavenly brilliant.

Cons

And yet, the core value and corporate culture seem not to be disseminated very well around the world, at least in China. The management is China is bureaucratic, chaotic, and unfair, which has been arousing increasing dissatisfaction of many employees.

Adapt its culture as per different culture around the world, and really push the implementation of its core value globally.

Bright people, continual learning, great products & diverse applications - it's why I've stayed so long!

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

MathWorks is a great place to work. It's a collaborative environment with bright people. MATLAB & Simulink are great products that really 'make a difference' in the world and have a very broad range of applications in science, engineering, and finance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and develop, both formally and informally. It's a very stable company that has been profitable since its inception and is growing as fast as it can hire good people! The CEO is a role model for learning and self-improvement; he has personally grown the company from 2 people to over 2500.

Cons

MathWorks don't lead the way in encouraging flexible work options e.g. home-working, part-time working.

Encourage more integration between the MATLAB and Simulink teams. I believe we can shift a little on flexibility and still maintain our collaborative culture and strong work-ethic.

There are newer employer reviews for MathWorks