There are newer employer reviews for MathWorks

Excellent employer and a great business to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the very few companies where collaboration and sharing of ideas is positively encouraged not only with words on a mission statement but in the values lived by the company every day. A real commitment to great products and contributing to the customer experience, and a genuinely integrated organisational framework that supports the Mathworks staff across the world.

Cons

It takes a while to get to know the company - coming from a public company it took me 2 years to really "get it"....but it's worthwhile!

Advice to Management

Keep strengthening the company's core team and stay loyal to the original values.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to work for beginners

I have been working at MathWorks

Pros

Could learn many useful things

Cons

Salary is not competitive for experienced persons.

Bright people, continual learning, great products & diverse applications - it's why I've stayed so long!

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

MathWorks is a great place to work. It's a collaborative environment with bright people. MATLAB & Simulink are great products that really 'make a difference' in the world and have a very broad range of applications in science, engineering, and finance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and develop, both formally and informally. It's a very stable company that has been profitable since its inception and is growing as fast as it can hire good people! The CEO is a role model for learning and self-improvement; he has personally grown the company from 2 people to over 2500.

Cons

MathWorks don't lead the way in encouraging flexible work options e.g. home-working, part-time working.

Advice to Management

Encourage more integration between the MATLAB and Simulink teams. I believe we can shift a little on flexibility and still maintain our collaborative culture and strong work-ethic.