There are newer employer reviews for MathWorks

Excellent employer and a great business to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at MathWorks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

One of the very few companies where collaboration and sharing of ideas is positively encouraged not only with words on a mission statement but in the values lived by the company every day. A real commitment to great products and contributing to the customer experience, and a genuinely integrated organisational framework that supports the Mathworks staff across the world.

Cons

It takes a while to get to know the company - coming from a public company it took me 2 years to really "get it"....but it's worthwhile!

Keep strengthening the company's core team and stay loyal to the original values.

344 Other Employee Reviews for MathWorks (View Most Recent)

Good place to work for beginners

I have been working at MathWorks

Pros

Could learn many useful things

Cons

Salary is not competitive for experienced persons.

Bright people, continual learning, great products & diverse applications - it's why I've stayed so long!

Current Employee - Technical Manager  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at MathWorks full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

MathWorks is a great place to work. It's a collaborative environment with bright people. MATLAB & Simulink are great products that really 'make a difference' in the world and have a very broad range of applications in science, engineering, and finance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and develop, both formally and informally. It's a very stable company that has been profitable since its inception and is growing as fast as it can hire good people! The CEO is a role model for learning and self-improvement; he has personally grown the company from 2 people to over 2500.

Cons

MathWorks don't lead the way in encouraging flexible work options e.g. home-working, part-time working.

Encourage more integration between the MATLAB and Simulink teams. I believe we can shift a little on flexibility and still maintain our collaborative culture and strong work-ethic.

There are newer employer reviews for MathWorks

Worked for MathWorks? Contribute to the Community!