MathWorks

www.mathworks.com

An excellent place to work, if you like to be challenged

Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee) Natick, MA

ProsYou will definitely be challenged and encouraged to take initiative at MathWorks. People who work hard get rewarded and those who slack off are gone quickly. You don't have to leave the company to get a good merit increase, and profit sharing is excellent. MathWorks is a great working atmosphere with small perks that help keep employees happy.

ConsAlthough the company is trying to hold on to small-company values, it is growing rapidly. As a result, more blanket policies and formal processes are being applied which hinder creativity and innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue rewarding people who take initiative and work hard, and get rid of those who don't perform. Challenge the value of blanket policies and processes, including those trying to penny-pinch budgets. Some processes may add more employee labor cost than the expense they would save.

Too much politics instead of innovation

I have been working at MathWorks

Pros: Very good benefits, good culture and friendly co-workers Cons: Instead of investing on innovation and promoting new ideas, some upper management thinking for their own position and benefits. Therefore no new ideas are recognized,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Company! But too preferential to technical employees.

Sales Support (Former Employee) Natick, MA

I worked at MathWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros: MathWorks is a well-oiled machine. They have great on-boarding programs that introduce you to the culture and set you up… Cons: Growing your salary can be difficult, especially for a non-technical… Advice to Senior Management: Management is involved in too many meetings. This can make them unavailable to staff and can really… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MathWorks.

Worked for MathWorks? Contribute to the Community!