There are newer employer reviews for MathWorks

Generally above average company with average pay and benefits in the industry.

Current Employee - Marketing in Natick, MA
Current Employee - Marketing in Natick, MA

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone generally gets their own office in Natick.

Good perks like wed. breakfast and fri. cookies.

Coworkers are friendly.

Frequent events both during and after hours.

Allowed to drink at work. I see this as a respect thing and couldn't do this at my previous employer.

Schedule is generally flexible, but I can see this depending on your manager.

On-site gym (~$7/month). Brand new facility and classes included in membership fee.

MathWorks products are used by every high tech company. Search the jobs here on Glassdoor for MATLAB or Simulink and see who's using the tools.

CEO uses the same amenities as everyone. Same gym... waits in line for a shower in the locker room (not anymore with the new facility), waits in line for breakfast, for coffee/cappuccino and parks in whatever spot is available in the garage when he's not driving his volt. Installed multiple car chargers so he and other electric vehicle owners can charge.

Cons

Industry is moving towards 'unlimited' vacation. Not sure if this would be a pro or con with the ways it can be implemented.

Base pay generally feels like below average and the quarterly bonus brings it somewhere between average and slightly above average. This means the bonus really isn't a 'bonus' when you consider it a critical part of your pay...

Things feel painfully slow at times in a fast-moving industry.

Some decisions can be better delegated to lower level managers. Everything seems to go to the top which seems wasteful and slow.

349 Other Employee Reviews for MathWorks (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Natick, MA

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Frequently get to work on new technologies and projects. The company culture promotes collaboration and a positive environment. The company also invests in employees by providing excellent technical training.

Cons

There doesn't appear to be a lot of opportunities for advancement. However, since every employee's voice is heard during development, you can contribute greatly without being a manager.

The MathWorks has been a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Natick, MA

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a wonderful atmosphere, challenging problems, and passionate people.

The company is investing in new offices and facilities in order to ensure a nice, modern working environment. Additionally, the Core Values of The MathWorks help to create an atmosphere of creative, rational, kind, passionate people.

Everyday, we work to improve our software and our understanding of the ways people use our software.

The company is wonderfully diverse in terms of ethnicities, skills, and interests, which helps to foster groups forming for people that share common passions.

Cons

As with any medium to large company, the bureaucracy can occasionally feel like a burden.

There are newer employer reviews for MathWorks