Mather Lifeways
www.matherlifeways.com Evanston, IL 500 to 999 Employees

Everyone seemed so nice at first . . . but oh my gosh - how things changed!!!

Middle Management (Former Employee)
Evanston, IL

I worked at Mather Lifeways full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits, and in general a focus on taking good care of their residents.

ConsBehind the scenes, this is not a very good place to work. Senior management is primarily made up of arrogant workaholics with no family life who micro-manage every aspect of the organization. HIgh turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro-managing everyone. You are stifling all of the creativity in your employees. Your high rate of employee turnover will decrease dramatically if you'll give up your fear-based, autocratic management style.

Good experience, nice people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Evanston, IL

I worked at Mather Lifeways

Pros: It was a good place to work at on a temporary… Cons: Communication was poor. My supervisor often forgot direction or decisions… Advice to Senior Management: Provide a mini orientation to your contract employees who are there more than a month. A… More

Used to be a great job.

Cook (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Mather Lifeways

Pros: good benefits, promote from within, 401k is matched, tuition reimbursement, great residents,… Cons: Horrible management and promoting within only lasts if you have… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management needs to work on communication with their employees. Rather than… More

There are newer reviews on Mather Lifeways.

Worked for Mather Lifeways? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mather Lifeways reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mather Lifeways CEO Mary Leary. All reviews posted anonymously by Mather Lifeways employees.