Great place to work

I worked at Mather Lifeways

Pros

Professional colleagues, great work environment, lots of room for growth, many employee development opportunities, lots of collaboration between departments and levels.

Cons

Long hours, some tension between older and younger employees

Find more ways to connect the mission of the organization to the people working in headquarters. Sometimes the meaning is lost when you can't "see" what you are working towards.

Other Reviews for Mather Lifeways

Good environment and conditions (Mather Pavilion)

Current Employee - Volunteer  in  Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Volunteer in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Mather Lifeways part-time for less than a year

Pros

Environment is friendly, not stressful. You feel like you are not pressured to anything, but you still maintain overall productivity.

Cons

I cannot think of any outstanding cons to working here. Perhaps some people would think that a slow paced environment would slow productivity, however such was not the case, I found.

Top-level executives are very arrogant people - especially the CEO!

Former Employee - Middle Management  in  Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Evanston, IL

I worked at Mather Lifeways full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company offers a very nice benefits package. Also, the residents in the facility I worked in were very nice people.

Cons

The on-site employees get along very well. But the senior executives are very demanding, very rude, and very disrespectful. Initially I thought it was a great place to work. But as time went on, the heavy-handed management style became too much to deal with.

Many of the people working for you are constantly in fear of losing their jobs, and the high turnover rate has a lot to do with that. But you also need to learn how to listen, and consider that your employees may have some good ideas. Despite your arrogance, you really don;t know everything!

There are newer employer reviews for Mather Lifeways.

Worked for Mather Lifeways? Contribute to the Community!