Matheson Tri-Gas
www.mathesongas.com Basking Ridge, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

If you are new Matheson is great place to work. If you were acquired there is some pain.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

ProsLarge competetive company. Pretty much able to manage yuor own territory without a lot over supervision. Good benefits. Comparable salary to the other large gas companies, however no where near what our company paid before the acquisition of our former company.

ConsMahtheson is experiencing way too many growing pains. Employee morale in my 15 years of service to this industry has never been lower by myself and fellow account managers with the compensation program. Advancement seems to be an issue. Do too well in your position, penalty, stay right where you are.. Too many promotions to people who don't have a clue or were non producers. Independent distributors seem to treat their people more personally. Decisions and implementation of any project takes way too long. Accounting department is incompetent. I agree with most of the comments already posted. Their software program on the retail side is a problem and very inefficient. Excessive, almost laughable safety expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down with the acquisitions and get back to who really counts. The customer and your employees' happiness. Find a simpler software program. The TIMS system is a mess, locks up way too often and is not user friendly. Inventory levels are a mess and difficult to enter as an order. I have worked for 3 different industrial gas companies and have been very disappointed in this operation so far. As soon as I can, I am begging for my old job back. The old proverbial saying the grass is not greener on this side of the fence.

Not the worse place I've ever worked, but close to the bottom due to Management's short comings.

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros: People are nice to work because everyone shares the same frustrations in trying to get things done. Most… Cons: Upper management doesn't have a clue. One of two possible reasons. They don't have any contact with either customers or front line employes to understand… Advice to Senior Management: Don't fall in love with the sound of your own… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

before being bought out by Matheson excellent! after being bought out very poor!!!

Driver/Inside Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros: benifits are comparable. able to work at own pace for… Cons: very concerned with profit, which is understandable...to many unnecessary charges to customer ie; hazmat charges, transportation and production charge, and delivery… Advice to Senior Management: Safety first yes! implementing unrealistic requirements that upper management does not have to deal with to complete the mission is making me looking for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Matheson Tri-Gas.

Worked for Matheson Tri-Gas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Matheson Tri-Gas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Matheson Tri-Gas CEO William J. Kroll. All reviews posted anonymously by Matheson Tri-Gas employees.