There are newer employer reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas

Customer Service Admin

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros

Being a large organization Matheson offers some very good benefits.

Cons

Growing pains. I'm sure how this company handled selling product prior to us being aquired, however, the way they handle customer payments is stone age.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas (View Most Recent)

If you are new Matheson is great place to work. If you were acquired there is some pain.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros

Large competetive company. Pretty much able to manage yuor own territory without a lot over supervision. Good benefits. Comparable salary to the other large gas companies, however no where near what our company paid before the acquisition of our former company.

Cons

Mahtheson is experiencing way too many growing pains. Employee morale in my 15 years of service to this industry has never been lower by myself and fellow account managers with the compensation program. Advancement seems to be an issue. Do too well in your position, penalty, stay right where you are.. Too many promotions to people who don't have a clue or were non producers. Independent distributors seem to treat their people more personally. Decisions and implementation of any project takes way too long. Accounting department is incompetent. I agree with most of the comments already posted. Their software program on the retail side is a problem and very inefficient. Excessive, almost laughable safety expectations.

Slow down with the acquisitions and get back to who really counts. The customer and your employees' happiness. Find a simpler software program. The TIMS system is a mess, locks up way too often and is not user friendly. Inventory levels are a mess and difficult to enter as an order. I have worked for 3 different industrial gas companies and have been very disappointed in this operation so far. As soon as I can, I am begging for my old job back. The old proverbial saying the grass is not greener on this side of the fence.

Not the worse place I've ever worked, but close to the bottom due to Management's short comings.

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros

People are nice to work because everyone shares the same frustrations in trying to get things done. Most employees are resigned to the fact that the system in place is doomed to failure, and won't be changed.

Cons

Upper management doesn't have a clue. One of two possible reasons. They don't have any contact with either customers or front line employes to understand the challenges that the company faces. The other scenario is they are aware of the challenges but they just don't care and are going to move ahead with their plans inspite of evidence they're going down the wrong road.

Don't fall in love with the sound of your own voice, and go talk to some customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas