Matheson Tri-Gas

www.mathesongas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas

BAD

I worked at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time

Pros

benefits were good - employees at lower level still care.

Cons

Company is to internally focused - safety reports and conference calls are over the top. Customer service has gone out the window - VP surrounds himself with yes men. These yes men are killing the moral at a store level. Older employees with years of experience and knowledge that came from prior companies are tossed to the side and marginalized. What a shame MTG took good profitable business and turned them into a MESS!! Safety people running operations - that explains a lot! I forgot to add the computer platform - TIMMS - what a mess real un-user friendly!!

Your doomed to fail in the packaged gas business! You have lost the personal touch that a local distributor can offer. Wake up, most employees are just trying to survive the day and waiting for a chance to get out.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas (View Most Recent)

Customer Service Admin

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros

Being a large organization Matheson offers some very good benefits.

Cons

Growing pains. I'm sure how this company handled selling product prior to us being aquired, however, the way they handle customer payments is stone age.

If you are new Matheson is great place to work. If you were acquired there is some pain.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros

Large competetive company. Pretty much able to manage yuor own territory without a lot over supervision. Good benefits. Comparable salary to the other large gas companies, however no where near what our company paid before the acquisition of our former company.

Cons

Mahtheson is experiencing way too many growing pains. Employee morale in my 15 years of service to this industry has never been lower by myself and fellow account managers with the compensation program. Advancement seems to be an issue. Do too well in your position, penalty, stay right where you are.. Too many promotions to people who don't have a clue or were non producers. Independent distributors seem to treat their people more personally. Decisions and implementation of any project takes way too long. Accounting department is incompetent. I agree with most of the comments already posted. Their software program on the retail side is a problem and very inefficient. Excessive, almost laughable safety expectations.

Slow down with the acquisitions and get back to who really counts. The customer and your employees' happiness. Find a simpler software program. The TIMS system is a mess, locks up way too often and is not user friendly. Inventory levels are a mess and difficult to enter as an order. I have worked for 3 different industrial gas companies and have been very disappointed in this operation so far. As soon as I can, I am begging for my old job back. The old proverbial saying the grass is not greener on this side of the fence.

There are newer employer reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas