There are newer employer reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas

In need of a job? Go elsewhere.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waverly, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waverly, TN

I worked at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Dental and Medical are good. Vacations are good. Hourly employees/supervisors/lower managers are all very good.

Cons

Too many to list, but I will hit the important ones.
The COO on down to some of the directors are basically the worst collection of "leaders" I have ever seen. I am still not convinced they are just holding out to sell that part of the business. In order to hire an hourly employee, the COO must aprove of it beforehand. Extreme micromanagement. Everything must be run up to the COO before going forward.

The engineering department is horrible. They could not design themselves out of a brown paper bag. The only sad part is that the chemicals and substances they are dealing with will kill in a second. I have no doubt in my mind that someone will get hurt if they continue to run and design things like they are.
Anyone that could has left the company or is in the process of leaving the company.
Watch what is promised in the job offer. A lot of what was spoken, did not come true.

Fire yourselves. or sell the company. The rest of the industry already knows how bad you are (as a lot of former employees now work in other businesses) and they will fire you.

reviews filtered by

Not much excitement, not much to complain about either

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

Pros

You have a lot of freedom to carry out your job. The pay is reasonable compared to the job market. Most everyone in the company you work with is competent and pleasant. The overall culture is to be helpful to your fellow employees.

Cons

There are not a lot of advancement opportunities. It is in an industry that is mature so there isn't a lot of exciting new ground to be broken. Most of the competition with other companies consists of coaxing away each other's customers. Senior management does not do a very good job of communicating a sense of direction or what is really going on in the company.

Pay as much attention to the people down the organizational hierarchy as you pay to the people above you.

Good benefits, compensation and nothing else

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Money is the only reason to work here

Cons

There is no support staff for people in pivotal roles.

Invest in a larger engineering team

There are newer employer reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas