Matheson Tri-Gas
www.mathesongas.com Basking Ridge, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not much excitement, not much to complain about either

Operations Analyst (Current Employee)
Irving, TX

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas

ProsYou have a lot of freedom to carry out your job. The pay is reasonable compared to the job market. Most everyone in the company you work with is competent and pleasant. The overall culture is to be helpful to your fellow employees.

ConsThere are not a lot of advancement opportunities. It is in an industry that is mature so there isn't a lot of exciting new ground to be broken. Most of the competition with other companies consists of coaxing away each other's customers. Senior management does not do a very good job of communicating a sense of direction or what is really going on in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay as much attention to the people down the organizational hierarchy as you pay to the people above you.

Good benefits, compensation and nothing else

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time for less than a year

Pros: Money is the only reason to work here Cons: There is no support staff for people in pivotal roles. Advice to Senior Management: Invest in a larger engineering team No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Current employee

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time

Pros: Great coworkers and benefits. Plant manager cares a lot about his employees and their well being. Have very… Cons: Getting too corporate with new CEO and his system. Surround himself with his hand picked team. The good old days of some autonomy are gone.… Advice to Senior Management: Hands off to the branches and stop micro managing. The current people has kept the business running profitably for years and are very competent. Cut… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Matheson Tri-Gas.

Worked for Matheson Tri-Gas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Matheson Tri-Gas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Matheson Tri-Gas CEO William J. Kroll. All reviews posted anonymously by Matheson Tri-Gas employees.