Matrix Medical

www.matrixforme.com

Changing Company, Poor Management, Favoritism

Former Employee - Medical Staff Services  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Medical Staff Services in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I was grateful to have a challenging opportunity not too far from my home with a growing company.

Cons

There were big changes from when I was originally hired, including massive turnover in upper level management. The new managers that were hired brought in their friends and former co-workers which cemented an "us and them" attitude. Despite raising concerns regarding this issue, nothing was ever properly resolved. Eventually almost all the employees that were hired by the previous management were unceremoniously let go. It was clear there was some other agenda being played out.

In order to earn respect, you must be respectful to others. In my mind, it is ridiculous to think that this can be dictated in the form of written policies. Ideally it can - and should - be demonstrated in the empathic and compassionate treatment of all individuals - no matter what their job assignment or level. The ongoing "excuse" that "it is just business" is just that - a weak excuse. I particularly find the blatant disregard of individuals reprehensible coming from the self-proclaimed Christians. You are not a Christian if you leave your conscience at the doorway when you enter work.

Other reviews for Matrix Medical

"Great company to work for, smart people with good energy"

Current Employee - NP II
    Current Employee - NP II

Pros

The company values nurse practitioners!!

Cons

The insurance is a bit expensive, but I was told that will improve as the company grows.

Potential

Former Employee - Member Relationship Coordinator  in  Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Member Relationship Coordinator in Clearwater, FL

Pros

Great co-workers, great supervisors, the pay is great and the benefits are great

Cons

Zero job security--Matrix's main program, in home health assessments, is mandated on a yearly basis by the federal government. So if they decide not to fund that this year, bye bye job! Also, there are a few other companies out there that do the service for cheaper; obviously companies are always going to be sold on price over quality and/or additional services. Recently, they have been trying to expand in to other services, such as follow up care, respite care, etc. but I doubt that will change much in the end.

There are newer employer reviews for Matrix Medical.

Worked for Matrix Medical? Contribute to the Community!