Matrix Medical

Changing Company, Poor Management, Favoritism

Former Employee - Medical Staff Services in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Medical Staff Services in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Matrix Medical

Pros

I was grateful to have a challenging opportunity not too far from my home with a growing company.

Cons

There were big changes from when I was originally hired, including massive turnover in upper level management. The new managers that were hired brought in their friends and former co-workers which cemented an "us and them" attitude. Despite raising concerns regarding this issue, nothing was ever properly resolved. Eventually almost all the employees that were hired by the previous management were unceremoniously let go. It was clear there was some other agenda being played out.

In order to earn respect, you must be respectful to others. In my mind, it is ridiculous to think that this can be dictated in the form of written policies. Ideally it can - and should - be demonstrated in the empathic and compassionate treatment of all individuals - no matter what their job assignment or level. The ongoing "excuse" that "it is just business" is just that - a weak excuse. I particularly find the blatant disregard of individuals reprehensible coming from the self-proclaimed Christians. You are not a Christian if you leave your conscience at the doorway when you enter work.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Matrix Medical (View Most Recent)

"Great company to work for, smart people with good energy"

Current Employee - NP II
    Current Employee - NP II

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company values nurse practitioners!!

Cons

The insurance is a bit expensive, but I was told that will improve as the company grows.

good job, beware of drawbacks!

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

NP support staff (from reception to schedulers to IT to coders) is wonderful! They do so much to make the NPs job easier, and don't often get the credit they deserve! Coworkers are great. NP pay and perks are better than most in this market.

Cons

Favoritism "rules the roost". Several promotions reflective of who you know, not what you know.This, in turn, decreases
    staff morale (about which management doesn't seem too concerned). Work-life balance almost non-existent for those forced to travel great distances on a regular basis to complete the scheduled number of visits.

Upper and middle management could make greater efforts to bring (NP) coworkers together for more than an annual meeting (group phone conferences just aren't the same.)

There are newer employer reviews for Matrix Medical