There are newer employer reviews for Matrix Medical

Sales job hidden under a Customer Service title...

Former Employee - Member Relationship Coordinator in Clearwater, FL
Former Employee - Member Relationship Coordinator in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits are a great price on a per pay check basis and the wait time was short.

Cons

Was not a fan that this was a sales job but it is described as a customer service position. There was a ton of favoritism which makes it hard to meet the metrics, especially if you have a later shift.

When hiring for the job, advise the candidate that it is a sales position along with some customer service skills.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Matrix Medical (View Most Recent)

A call center with no direction

Former Employee - Mail Clerk in Uniondale, NY
    Former Employee - Mail Clerk in Uniondale, NY

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

While I didn't work under the managers of the call center my boss was understanding for the most part and listened to me when I knew more about the operations then she did. She would be open for suggestions on improvements for the field I was in.

Cons

I was micromanaged to the point where I couldnt do my job effectively at times. The office was really gossipy and there was no sense of direction on where the company was going.

Growing company, forward thinking, nice colleagues

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time

Pros

One of the few companies who really seem to listen and respond to associate feedback. Even as the company has grown to having over 300 nurse practitioners--you can still contact the leadership team directly. Clinicians and clinical leaders overall very ethical and supportive of an ethical environment. Benefits have improved, and are superior to many employers. Upper management adds a "personal touch" to communications--it is not uncommon to get a pat on the back via email, a thank you gift card, a note of thanks from a director. Local colleagues are very supportive--clinical, clerical, IT etc. Positive feedback from members/patients is very rewarding.

Cons

WIth growth, sometimes there are communication gaps and inconsistency in the managerial team as people move up or take on new positions. Seams to be getting management heavy with too many layers of non-clinical people managing professional clinicians making it so that a lot of time gets spent trying to explain the challenges of providing primary care in community settings. Work life balance can be a challenge, I wish they would come up with some different schedule options--even if at a lesser salary. Sometimes current employees strengths are ignored.

Continue to seek input from frontline employees and provide benefits to help clinicians grow. Don't set unrealistic expectations about daily productivity, and con't to recognize that different regions have different challenges. Post company openings for current employees to see.

There are newer employer reviews for Matrix Medical