There are newer employer reviews for Matrix Service

Well rounded, full of opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blaine, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blaine, WA

I worked at Matrix Service full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you are willing to work, they are willing to teach. You will find bad supervision in any company but for the most part Matrix does a good job of weeding out the bad apples. Good benefits for full time employees. Great safety culture up in the Washington area.

Cons

It can have a little of the good old boy attitude, employment will usually start out as short term, turnaround related work.
Control of work at the facility I was at, created a lazy, slow work attitude, this by design is to increase the safety culture, but in my opinion has adverse affects.

reviews filtered by
  1. good

Current Employee - Boilermaker in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Boilermaker in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Matrix Service

Pros

the money makes it worth it and the people are good to be around. can't make this much with out a degree

Cons

hours are really hard to do no life outside of work. hard to juggle family life and kids daily schedules.

Advice to Management

we need better benefits for people who have been with the company for a long time. Should not have to start medical over as much as we do.

2. Integrity?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Matrix Service

Pros

The benefits package was terrific. Great paid time off. Also, there are many offices, around the country. They will pay for relocating to another area of the country. Human Resources on the east coast of the country is very helpful and nice to work with.

Cons

The corporate office is ruthless in aquiring new companies. It is a shame that they will buy out a company with actual intergritiy and lay everyone off and leave a former shell of what the company was. Also, a few employees are very sleezy and have promoted skirt chasers.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Everyone has value in a company.

There are newer employer reviews for Matrix Service