Mattel

There are newer employer reviews for Mattel

Now counting minutes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Aurora, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Aurora, NY

I have been working at Mattel part-time

Pros

Having a job at this time
Some discounts at toy stores and some companies

Cons

Only part-time
Have to be a fmaily member, know someone well, or be one of the click to get a 30 to 40 hour a weel job.
Then an only then your numbers better be up there or you can't even bid on a job.

This is about working at the East Auroa, NY campus. Miss the happy times in consumer relations where you cold take to a peer, enjoyed the contests, parties, etc. But now, it is gone. The Consumer Relations department has turned into a Call Center. Now we have to clock ourselves to go to the bathroom, while the rest of the site can go without being regulated. It is sad as the Consumer Relations, takes care of the entire country and Canada and we are treated so poorly.

There was much higher production when we were under different management. Current Management of the CR department has really gone down, have people that have never worked in a Consumer Relations department (from Bank, Grocery Store) now making this a true call center with very low pay, and what ever they say goes. Maybe you need to sit in and take the calls and be clocked for bathroom and break privileges. Remember you only get about 5 minutes over 1 hour in a 9 hour day and NO BREAKS after 5:00 pm EST. See if you can hold it like so many of have to and then be in tears as your bladder is about to explode and if we leave the floor and go over by 1 second we fail the schedule adherence.

263 Other Employee Reviews for Mattel (View Most Recent)

High Drama, Bad Politics & Mega MicroManagement - Run in the other direction!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Mattel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The idea of working at a toy company is kinda cool. 50% discount on all unlicensed items (Barbie and monster high is only 30% off). Nice area of El Segundo. Good benefits.

Cons

If you are thinking about coming to work for Mattel, please read this carefully. I'm not a disgruntled employee...but I am an unhappy employee....and there are many of us who vent to each other daily. Mattel is filled with a lot of older people in powerful positions who aren't going anywhere. They micro manage like I've never seen before. They want you to do your work, be creative and innovative....but unless you can mind read.....it doesn't really work. The politics and drama are high. No one is direct with you and expects that you come in a conform to the "Mattel Way" I'd seriously tell you to RUN in the other direction. Wish I had better news.

Re-evaluate those you have in high-level positions.

Mattel; one of the best places to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Mattel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a reason why this company has been voted one of the best places to work. The people, benefits (daycare onsite, gym onsite, cleaners onsite, medical/dental). If you love working with passionate, collaborative people, then this is definitely the place for you.

Cons

Mattel would serve there employees by being more transparent to the road of promotions. There is not always a clear path, and the obscuity may lead to a perception of politics to promote versus capabilities/commitment.

You have a group of employees who have a lot of creative, thoughtful ideas on how to make the company more successful. You don't always need to rely on outside consultants to tell you what your team may already know. You can extract that value by ensuring people do not fell penalized for coming up with ideas that may not be successful.

There are newer employer reviews for Mattel