Mattel

There are newer employer reviews for Mattel

good place to work

Current Employee - Design in East Aurora, NY
Current Employee - Design in East Aurora, NY

I have been working at Mattel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Friendly and collaborative atmosphere. Interesting, creative, and varied work where you know you are making a difference in children's lives. People have a lot of pride in the company and work hard to make the best products.

Cons

Location in Western NY is both a pro and con.

254 Other Employee Reviews for Mattel (View Most Recent)

Financial Analyst

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Mattel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A professional environment, good to have Mattel on your resume

Cons

Long hours, promotions based on who you know and loyalty; not as fun as the company promotes its image to be

Now counting minutes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Aurora, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Aurora, NY

I have been working at Mattel part-time

Pros

Having a job at this time
    Some discounts at toy stores and some companies

Cons

Only part-time
    Have to be a fmaily member, know someone well, or be one of the click to get a 30 to 40 hour a weel job.
    Then an only then your numbers better be up there or you can't even bid on a job.

This is about working at the East Auroa, NY campus. Miss the happy times in consumer relations where you cold take to a peer, enjoyed the contests, parties, etc. But now, it is gone. The Consumer Relations department has turned into a Call Center. Now we have to clock ourselves to go to the bathroom, while the rest of the site can go without being regulated. It is sad as the Consumer Relations, takes care of the entire country and Canada and we are treated so poorly.

There was much higher production when we were under different management. Current Management of the CR department has really gone down, have people that have never worked in a Consumer Relations department (from Bank, Grocery Store) now making this a true call center with very low pay, and what ever they say goes. Maybe you need to sit in and take the calls and be clocked for bathroom and break privileges. Remember you only get about 5 minutes over 1 hour in a 9 hour day and NO BREAKS after 5:00 pm EST. See if you can hold it like so many of have to and then be in tears as your bladder is about to explode and if we leave the floor and go over by 1 second we fail the schedule adherence.

There are newer employer reviews for Mattel