Mattel

www.mattel.com

Sweet slow moving Grandpa of the toy industry

Senior Producer (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsMattel tries so hard to be good to it's employees. In order to build in El Segundo, they had to make a deal with L.A. to adjust their hours to reduce traffic around LAX. Therefore both Mattel and Fisher Price get half day Fridays. Many employee events. Lots of events for families and kids.

ConsThe entire company reports to the CEO, therefore carefully researched decisions can be changed on a whim. Great deal of paranoia about other companies, and ironically, their own employees. Mattel works years to get something on the shelf and three months later, there is is by another company at half the price. They need to be a little more fast moving. It's a young world out there.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at your Managers. Many of them are from other industries and so poorly suited for their roles. Open up your world and trust your employees and they will bring you good work. Go for quality, rather than junk for quick profit (Barbie DVDs... need I say more?). Be a leader in the marketplace, not a panicked follower.

Great company to work for

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Mattel as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I enjoyed my time at Mattel. It was both a creative and collaborative work environment. Even as… Cons: I really cannot think of very many negatives about working here. It did feel very corporate at… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall Good experience

Regional Serivice Representative (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Mattel part-time for less than a year

Pros: Decent pay, flexible hours, friendly managers Cons: No Cons to really talk about Advice to Senior Management: communicate objectives to staff a little better Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Mattel.

Worked for Mattel? Contribute to the Community!