Mattress Firm

www.mattressfirm.com
  www.mattressfirm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm

I am new and already it is a fast paced, exciting, rewarding career.

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Mattress Firm

Pros

It is a GREAT inviorment to spend your time. Not only as an employee but also as a customer of the Mattress Firm.
The pay is better then everything else around in Utah.
Great Insurance!
Opportunity to move up and expand in the company isn't based on senority but on your personal results in the company.
If you prove after 6 months of employment that you are better in the Store Manager Position the whomever is there currently, you have a an enourmous opportunity to recieve that position.
Bonus Structure is set up to make the employee's happy which inturn will make the company happy!
You are not just a number or name in this company. It's a family feel here at work.

Cons

I no longer walk to work.
90 day waiting period for Insurance.

Stay Fantastic!!!

337 Other Employee Reviews for Mattress Firm (View Most Recent)

Great people with great attitudes = a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Mattress Firm

Pros

You will enjoy working with almost every single person in this company. I've worked here for over 12 years and I was listened too, trained, helped, and given responsibility no matter what position I held. I've had Regional V.P.'s call and ask for advice when I was only a Store Manager. I've also been able to reach out to ANY person for help or advice regardless of position. From the Training Dept. to I.T. or from Sales to Merchandising every department works together to be successful. Want to work in a company where they care? Work here.

Cons

The hours can be harsh. Expect to work major holidays like the 4th of July or Memorial Day as these are very, very busy times for Mattress FIrm. Of course, in sales, this is when you can make some very good money. Also, the work life balance can be tough. Not getting off until 8pm ,means you can miss out on some family time.

Keep working on improving the work life balance.

I love working for Mattress Frim

Current Employee - Market Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Market Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Mattress Firm

Pros

Growth, Growth, and more Growth!!! With over 800 stores and counting we just went public and are just now opening in Salt Lake City. We plan to have over 20 stores in the valley over the next 24 months!!! We also get to run our stores as if they were our own personal stores. You don't have a boss over your sholder every day and there is a ton of freedom.

Cons

We are currently short staffed, but with our aggressive recruting that should be corrected soon.

N/A

There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm

Worked for Mattress Firm? Contribute to the Community!