Mattress Firm

www.mattressfirm.com
  www.mattressfirm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm

Once a great company to be a part of.. what a disappointment.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Mattress Firm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

decent place to work if you're young, single and have no experience.
great initial training for retail.

Cons

This a very honest review..I have respect for the company. Just telling it like it is.

Mattress Firm is quickly going down hill since it went public in Nov 2011. They have over saturated many markets especially in Texas to the point where consumers are turned off by the company and the amount of stores is a joke to them.

Constant mattress lingo repetition to the point of brainwashing, constant fake “mattress firm culture” being shoved down your throat.

The focus of Mattress Firm has changed- They used to hire experienced manager types who were ready and able to run a store like it was their own business which benefited everyone..the customer and the company. Now if you are breathing..you will get hired!

Show some respect to your employees . You’ll get better performance out of your staff if you allow them to THINK and have their own mind.

Management that has no business managing people and does not understand business, management, or sales.

Unprofessional management- Favoritism is rampant, no communication if the employee tries to address an issue. Unrealistic sales goals set for stores.

Listen to your employees and try to put yourself in their shoes once in a while. You are losing your best assets.
Mattress Firm will put itself out of business if the current business practices continue.

Mattress Firm Response

Nov 12, 2013Director of Talent Acquisition and Retention

We appreciate your personal review and feedback. We're sorry you left with such a negative feeling about the organization after 5+ years with us. I would be happy to visit with you if you have any ... More

374 Other Employee Reviews for Mattress Firm (View Most Recent)

Great Company, Culture and Diverse Work Group

Former Employee - Manager On Duty in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager On Duty in Houston, TX

I worked at Mattress Firm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun environment, Great diversity, Amazing training, Great leaders, Good benefits. Overall a great place to work, if you into the bedding industry, you couldn't pick a better company to work for and with amazing compensation plans.

Cons

The hours are a little longer than your typical work day, can be a little boring with not a lot of foot traffic coming in the door. A little out dated on the operations side of things.

Proactive with schedules and meeting times.

Mattress Firm Response

Oct 21, 2013Director of Talent Acquisition and Retention

We really appreciate your feedback and hope all is well in your world!

great money, no time to spend it, no life

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time

Pros

great money. fun, learn new selling skills

Cons

no life, no life, no life

There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm