Mattress Firm

www.mattressfirm.com

A year of growth

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsMattress Firm is the best place to work if you love retail and sales. They offer a competitive base salary unlike many sales positions as well as an unlimited cap on commission and generious bonuses. They invest in your future with the company by offering continuous training. They provide excellent resources to brush up on skills.

ConsIf you are not sales oriented or results driven this may not be the job for you. You must enjoy retail, sales, commissions (controlling your own check), as well as a fast pace work environment. The hours are a little long like most retail hours providing a 10 hour work day. Retail environments are not ideal if you are not willing to work weekends, holidays, and special occasions.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has the ability to make or break a sales team. Your area or district is often a reflection of your attitude, drive, personality, and overall enthusiasm to reach goals. I've had the pleasure of working under Jody Putnam, Jason Preston and Melissa Turner. They are three of the best leaders you could ever ask for. Managers please continue to give us your all and don't be afraid to ask us (your support staff) for help. Thank you so much. ~Gemae W.

Mattress Firm Vice President Talent Management responded to this review

Mar 14, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback and review! Glad to hear you enjoy working with your team.

Great company culture

Store Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Mattress Firm full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good company culture and a lot of room to move… Cons: Hours don't leave you time to have an life outside… More

Great company to work for... If you put in the work you will be great!

Mattress Firm Store Manager (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time for less than a year

Pros: pay, the schedule is 1 month in advance which helps… Cons: The hours, hours, hours, hours. And be prepared to travel… Advice to Senior Management: Work on providing more flexiable hours especially around the holiday. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Mattress Firm.

Worked for Mattress Firm? Contribute to the Community!