Mattress Firm
www.mattressfirm.com Houston, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Patience and Relationships with Management an Issue

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI absolutely loved Mattress Firm. Great salary with the chance to make good commissions....especially once you achieve a Store Manager's position. Constant training and interaction with "team" from other stores. Once you have followed the "program" and "walk the walk - talk the talk" you may go far. I didn't mind the long hours, because it does pay off. Great for building relationships and referral based sales.

ConsDisappointed that I had to make the decision to leave. Unless you are best friends with the management, kiss some butt, and are of the right age, it is hard to get past the Store Management level. There is major age discrimination and "friend" discrimation here. And if there is a personality issue, you can also forget promotion possibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementThose above the DM should look at results for promotion purposes. Also, to be able to achieve some of the necessary requirements for promotion, individuals have to be given the opportunity to achieve those requirements. If not, you will continue to lose your seasoned and happy individuals.

Flag Review
Mattress Firm Vice President Talent Management responded to this review Mar 14, 2014 EditDelete
Thank you for your feedback and your 3+ years of service to Mattress Firm. I hope you were able to share some of this with our team during an exit interview. If not, please feel free to call me ... More
There are newer reviews on Mattress Firm.

Worked for Mattress Firm? Contribute to the Community!

Mattress Firm – Why Work for Us?

Back in 1986 when we entered into the business world, our founders had big dreams too. Through hard work and dedication to getting the job done, that dream was realized. Today, Mattress Firm has grown from one store in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mattress Firm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mattress Firm CEO Steve Stagner. All reviews posted anonymously by Mattress Firm employees.