Patience and Relationships with Management an Issue

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Mattress Firm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely loved Mattress Firm. Great salary with the chance to make good commissions....especially once you achieve a Store Manager's position. Constant training and interaction with "team" from other stores. Once you have followed the "program" and "walk the walk - talk the talk" you may go far. I didn't mind the long hours, because it does pay off. Great for building relationships and referral based sales.

Cons

Disappointed that I had to make the decision to leave. Unless you are best friends with the management, kiss some butt, and are of the right age, it is hard to get past the Store Management level. There is major age discrimination and "friend" discrimation here. And if there is a personality issue, you can also forget promotion possibilities.

Advice to Management

Those above the DM should look at results for promotion purposes. Also, to be able to achieve some of the necessary requirements for promotion, individuals have to be given the opportunity to achieve those requirements. If not, you will continue to lose your seasoned and happy individuals.

Mattress Firm Response

Mar 14, 2014 – Vice President Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback and your 3+ years of service to Mattress Firm. I hope you were able to share some of this with our team during an exit interview. If not, please feel free to call me ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Mattress Firm