Mattress Firm

www.mattressfirm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm

Asst MGR

I have been working at Mattress Firm

Pros

Great Company, you can make a lot of money.

Cons

Many Hours of Work and no weekends off.

Mattress Firm Response

Mar 14, 2014Vice President Talent Management

Thank you for your review.

380 Other Employee Reviews for Mattress Firm (View Most Recent)

Manager on Duty

Former Employee - Manager In Training/Manager On Duty
    Former Employee - Manager In Training/Manager On Duty

I worked at Mattress Firm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy to move up in the company. The culture is fun, youthful and inspirational. Constant training. You have lots of down time when things are slow. Its great if you are a student. Corporate has a lot of young people. They are very big into inspirational messages that feels really genuine. The pay is about 30k a year regardless of you making a sale. That isn't a lot but it is better than many companies where you make only commission. At least with MF, you know that you can't make any less than 30k a year.

Cons

long hours. The pay is better than most sales jobs, but its not enough. It is hard to make your sales, unless you are in a Market where people make lots of money. I find their "shopping competition" unethical. We are encouraged to use cell phones to record our competitors show rooms and prices. I hate doing that. The delivery process is awful. You are guaranteed to lose sales over it. Its boring. Unless you are a store manager, you will travel within about 20-30 miles to different stores within the market. This sucks because if you were working with someone and they walk on you, they may come back. When they do, you will be at another store. A lot of the times you would have to split the ticket. Because you move around so much, customer service issues fall through the cracks. A guest may call you with a unresolved issue. The next day she calls back but you are at another store. There PO systems in some markets are still being refined. There are always crashes with the reports and the PO system The training is pointless half of the time. However, some people love the company and want to stay forever. Some do not.

MOD should stay in one store. It makes things so much easier for guest and for the overall efficiency of the day-to-day operations.
    We need weekends off!!!! There isn't a reason why any of us should be working open to close everyday without a weekend off.

Mattress Firm Response

Mar 31, 2014Vice President Talent Management

Thank you for your detailed feedback-- we appreciate it. We're working to find a solution to the weekends/hours-- I did it for 4 years and know it's a challenge. Thanks!

get in the boys club or your out

I worked at Mattress Firm full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

if your in good with your bosses then you can be set for good, do something wrong and they will help you fix it and teach you how not to do it again

Cons

cover you a** if your working here, if the management team dose not like you they will do everything they can to get rid of you

Stop being an all boys club with management, if someone makes a honest mistake it is a learning experience not fire them because they don't like you

There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm