Mattress Firm

There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm

Store Manager/ Area Trainer

Former Employee - Store Manager/Area Trainer in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Store Manager/Area Trainer in Miami, FL

I worked at Mattress Firm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked for Mattress Firm right out of college and I was highly impressed by the training and the quality of people the company employs. The selling skills I learned at Mattress Firm have helped me further my career in many ways. I loved this company and felt appreciated. Not to mention they have the best product in the industry. Room for advancement is very possible with hard work and commitment.

Pay is in line with jobs in the industry and I think that the training and the investment made by the company in your development as a sales professional is extremely valuable.

I no longer work for them, but I recommend this company to anyone looking for a mattress or for great sales training and experience.

I'll end my long review with this. My wife's father passed away (girlfriend at the time) while I was away from home at one of the training's in Houston. I told the company and they immediately put me on a flight to take care of my wife. A month later they flew me back to finish the training I had missed due to my family emergency. I don't know if I ever said thank you, but here it is. Any company that is willing to take care of employees this way should be applauded. I will always respect and recommend Mattress Firm.

Cons

The hours can be long and if you are a person that always wants action then this might not be the job for you.

Keep investing in your people through training and development. They might not work for you forever, but they might become life long customers like myself.

Jun 12, 2014Vice President Talent Management

Thanks so much for the review and for the 'thank you'. We're glad you had a positive experience while working here and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a note. Hope all is well!

374 Other Employee Reviews for Mattress Firm (View Most Recent)

Boring but it's a great place to start like I did.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Mattress Firm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay for the little amount of work you do. Fun when you get a guest willing to learn and enjoy the experience.

Cons

You see very few customers a day. Some days you could see nobody (10 hour day) in the store.
    Hard to keep yourself engaged all day.
    Have to work holidays / weekends.

Focus sales campaign/marketing more locally not nationally.

Jun 27, 2014Vice President Talent Management

Thanks for the review and feedback! I will share your feedback with our senior leadership team. Hope all is well in St. Louis!

Denver Mattress Firm family is awesome!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunities are endless! Amazing people make up the Mattress Firm family! Specifically in Denver, Mattress Firm is experiencing major growth that has created alot of new opportunities locally. This is the most money I've ever made all while working with friends and having fun! I never considered a job with mattresses but not it's my career and I couldn't be happier!

Cons

Retail hours can be tough, but you get out of the job what you put in. Mattress Firm has really fair retail hours and scheduling to help accommodate a work/life balance.

Jun 27, 2014Vice President Talent Management

You didn't grow up wanting to be in the mattress business!?! ha! Thanks so much for the review-- keep up the great work in Denver!

There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm