Mattress Firm

There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm

One-of-a-Kind Company!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mattress Firm has provided me with a variety of opportunities to grow as an individual and as a leader, and to get to work alongside other individuals that are just as passionate about their jobs and the company's success! Growth potential is limitless, and the financial aspect is great. If you're looking to apply for a position: take a wild chance on this bedding company... just like me, you'll be glad you did!

Cons

The company is growing incredibly quickly, so there are both pro's and con's involved. Also, as was mentioned in an earlier review, retail does require a certain time commitment. However, the company has done a great job of providing various other benefits to the position.

Keep up the great work!

Aug 4, 2014Vice President Talent Management

Wow! We're so appreciative of your review and feedback. Thanks for your hard work and we appreciate your service to MFRM!

376 Other Employee Reviews for Mattress Firm (View Most Recent)

This is one fantabulous company to work for!

Current Employee - Manager On Duty in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Manager On Duty in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training! You will be set for success the moment you start! Very caring company about it's customers, it's employees, and the communities they serve. One of the few companies that I've worked for in this industry that gives back to the communities that they move into with unfaltering dedication to whatever cause they find themselves involved in. Great comraderie amongst the entire organization, as we all work for one thing, a great nights sleep for our guests. Personal growth is abundant within this company and the level of success you have will depend on what you put into it. I Have never worked for a company that takes so much time and effort to help every one of their employees succeed and grow within the company if the person wants to grow. Come grow with us!

Cons

If you've never worked retail, the hours can be long. However you get back what you yourself are willing to put into it. I personally have not found one thing about the company that I don't like.

Keep doing what you're doing to continue the growth of this company. "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Aug 4, 2014Vice President Talent Management

We love the word 'fantabulous' to describe Mattress Firm! Glad to hear you've experienced personal growth as well! Thanks for all you do!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Area Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are lots of great things about working at Mattress Firm. The training is excellent. Some may argue that it's to much training but I love knowing every bit of information to truly help and educate the guests regarding the products.
    The growth potential is outstanding. If you want to succeed, you will. I went from a new hire, knowing nothing about mattresses, to becoming an area manager in just a little over a year. I now share everything I've learned with others to help them grow. The opportunities to advance or move to other parts of the country are endless.
    There is never a time that you can't reach out to each other or upper management for help on anything. The District Managers and Regionals are there to help you grow. If you want a career and not just a job this is a great place for it : )
    One of the best parts of MF is the culture. It is a fun place to work. The health insurance is great too!

Cons

Yes, you work a lot of hours but hey, it's retail after all.

Thanks for the opportunities! Keep up the good work. See you at the top!

Aug 19, 2014Vice President Talent Management

Hey Miami! Thanks for taking time to leave a review! it's awesome to hear you are enjoying the training, growth potential and upper management. Keep up the great work in Florida!

There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm