Mattress Firm

www.mattressfirm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm

A Great Company To Work For!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mattress Firm has a great company culture and is a fun place to work, despite being a little slower paced at times. You get a ton of sales training before you are expected to start actually selling. Training is about 4-6 weeks or so and at the end of it you actually fly out to Atlanta and have a week long training camp with other new employees around the company.

This is my first real job out of college and I kind of took it as a resume builder just to start doing something. A few years later I've totally fallen in love with the company and I'm so happy that I ended up here. Telling people you are a mattress salesman isn't sexy; when people know you have a college education and you work at mattress store they will look at you like you have three heads, but this job is awesome! I have fun most days I come into work; it's serious but relaxed at the same time. Mattress Firm is a performance based company, so I've been able to move up very quickly, unlike some of my friends who have waited years for a promotion at other companies. I've also earned a very good living, making a lot more money at Mattress Firm than I would have if I had gone into accounting or finance. I'm a very competitive person, I was involved in college athletics, and I like the fact that Mattress Firm is about your results and not your tenure.

The position has a salary, so you'll never go hungry if you have a bad month, but you do earn commissions so you can make your own paycheck depending on how good you are. I wasn't sure about that going into this job; I was raised on the idea that you go to school and get a salaried job. Luckily for me, I've always done well, but I'm still working on getting better. I don't think I could work a normal job where I get paid the same as the person next me, or less if they are more tenured, if I'm more productive than they are.

Cons

The hours are the biggest draw back. It's not horrific retail hours but it's retail hours. You'll work weekends and holiday and anytime people shop.

Aug 4, 2014Vice President Talent Management

Hey Memphis! Thanks so much for your review and it's awesome to hear you are smitten with Mattress Firm-- this makes us smile a big smile!

429 Other Employee Reviews for Mattress Firm (View Most Recent)

Great place to work for and many opportunities for growth and development!

Current Employee - Mattress Firm Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Mattress Firm Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can write your own check in a sense, the corporate culture great, and training is amazing!

Cons

The downside is there could be more flexible scheduling to allow associates to have a more balance life. Its a retail job!

Creating a more dynamic scheduling process in appeal to associates wanting a more balanced life.

Aug 4, 2014Vice President Talent Management

Hello to you in Phoenix! Thanks for your glowing review and feedback. We're working on the scheduling and hope we can come up with a solution that will benefit you. Thanks again!

Mattress firm

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A great stepping stone. It provides great training for all employees. The skills acquired at this position will transfer to other positions in other companies

Cons

Long hours which does not provide a good work-life balance for a mother like me

Aug 19, 2014Vice President Talent Management

Thank you for taking time to leave a review.

There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm