Mattress Warehouse
sleephappens.com Frederick, MD 150 to 499 Employees

Antiquated Accounting System

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Chapel Hill, NC

ProsQuiet and relaxed work environment

ConsOut-dated paper accounting system. Total waste of time doing paper work that could be performed by a computer. Commission structure is unclear, and a culture of management stealing deals at their discretion is pervasive. Nepotism and dating in the workplace is out of control!

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit making excuses to update your computer system. Quit making employees do hours of paperwork that can be performed by a good software system. Quit claiming to be a "green" company when you are wasting tons of paper every year on meaningless paperwork. Quit coming up with ways to steal sales commissions back from the reps.

Okay place to work if you have no other life

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Dunkirk, MD

I have been working at Mattress Warehouse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Co-workers are great to work with Cons: Hours are extremely long and alot of down time at… Advice to Senior Management: Strengthen your corporate team members No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good job, terrible company

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

I worked at Mattress Warehouse full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The money can be good, they always honer schedule requests, it can… Cons: Incompetent management, crazy cost cutting methods, very long hours, encouraged deceptive… Advice to Senior Management: Times have changed, negative selling and deceptive sales practices are not going to get you anywhere in the day of the internet. Not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Mattress Warehouse.

Worked for Mattress Warehouse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mattress Warehouse reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mattress Warehouse CEO John Ahern. All reviews posted anonymously by Mattress Warehouse employees.