Maverick USA

There are newer employer reviews for Maverick USA

Great Jumping off point

Former Employee - Driver in Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Driver in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Maverick USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This was the first trucking job I had and they trained me well, kept me running, and paid me promptly. The trucks and the dispatchers were top notch as well.

Cons

Same as any trucking company. Long times away from my family. I took a local trucking job as soon as I could

Good stuff

18 Other Employee Reviews for Maverick USA (View Most Recent)

If you get a good Fleet Manager you will like it.

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Maverick USA

Pros

Maverick will get you miles and keep you moving. They train you right. They pay you for all miles driven empty or full. Have newer trucks all automatics. Promise you Christmas at home. They will try to get you home on weekends.

Cons

It's all about "policy" and do they have some that keep changing. The freight is slowing so be prepared to see "changes" coming. Fuel mileage bonus if you want to sleep in a cold or hot truck all the time. Every Monday delivery has to be delivered by 10 a.m. regarless if you just got home on Saturday nite and must leave on Sunday to deliver by Monday. Fleet Managers are good and bad hope you get one that has at least driven a truck before. You are a truck number and trailer number and it's about the truck moving and making money, although they say it's about the driver, sorry it's not.

Teach your Fleet Managers to get to "really" know their drivers and "Where" they live so you can coordinate the drivers home time and family needs.

Maverick is the best Flatbed employer.

Former Employee - OTR Driver in North Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in North Little Rock, AR

I worked at Maverick USA

Pros

They try to get you home every weekend. .

Cons

Flatbed is hard, dirty work not for lazy people. The steel and building industry are slow so freight slowed to a level I needed to find other work in another commodity.

When freight is slow, DONT keep hiring people.

There are newer employer reviews for Maverick USA