Max Studio
www.maxstudio.com Pasadena, CA 500 to 999 Employees

A fun, stylish environment!

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsFor the most part, this is a great company. The director of stores is very detail oriented, and I know that she actually knows names/personal details about each person in our store, and she inquires about them on a regular basis during her one-on-ones with the store manager. It's a nice, small store, and you get a lot of face time with your clients, most of whom are extremely open to the assistance that you are providing. Beautiful product that is extremely well-made, and a nice goal-based commission on top of your hourly rate, which I think is very fair and gives employees an incentive to do well. The only problem that I have ever had with this company had to do with my immediate supervisor when I first started, who was eventually fired, and the position was given to the most deserving of candidates, who really did wonderful things for the store. This showed me that the upper management were very aware of what was going on in the store and that they want to make sure that the best and most qualified people are holding the positions that they deserved. I always felt extremely valued by this company, and while there is sometimes a little bit of red tape, I found that it was MUCH MUCH less than any other company for which I have ever worked. Because the company is on the smaller side, I felt like I actually had a relationship with many of the people from the corporate office; when they called to speak with the management of the store, I felt that they actually knew who I was. They also have a weekly recap of the stores' performance, and they recognize associates who have exceptional sales, and they also host contests every now and then. Sadly, my store is being closed, so I am no longer going to be working for this company, but I would love to come back at some point, as this is one of my favorite companies for which I have ever worked. Also, one of our associates started and did not receive a paycheck for a few weeks due to paperwork error on the part of corporate. Once we figured out the problem, they not only overnighted her her paycheck, but they also sent her a $100 gift card to the store as an apology, which I thought was a great gesture!

ConsAs a smaller and relatively unknown store, it was sometimes a challenge to build a customer base. We tried on several occasions to work with senior management to launch things such as ad campaigns within our mall etc, but we were never allowed to due to the expense of the mall ads. Also, a few months into working there, the air conditioner/heating system broke, and the stock room (which was also where the managers' desk/office area was, as well as our lunch area) was extremely cold at all times, and even though we mentioned this multiple times, corporate had someone come and look at it, but nothing was ever done to fix it.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to show that you care about your associates! and bring a store back to boston!

Okay place to get experience

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Max Studio

Pros: Commision pay and experience. Great merchandise discount, its 70 percent… Cons: Base pay is not that great. Advice to Senior Management: N/a More

Associate designer

Associate Designer (Former Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

I worked at Max Studio full-time for less than a year

Pros: good health benefit package no 401K though good vacation Cons: hours is too long 9-12 hours some weekends. Advice to Senior Management: it's good Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Max Studio.

Worked for Max Studio? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Max Studio reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Max Studio CEO Leon Max. All reviews posted anonymously by Max Studio employees.