MaxLinear

www.maxlinear.com
  www.maxlinear.com
There are newer employer reviews for MaxLinear

Great place to get broad based technical exposure.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MaxLinear full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Engineering teams work on cross functional teams and quickly build broader base technical skills. A great career move! The access to the senior leaders is open to all. Since many of them are also engineers it often is a great conversation.

Cons

Being a smaller company there are sometimes some resource challenges but the teams in other countries really do their part so it all works.

37 Other Employee Reviews for MaxLinear (View Most Recent)

Great company to start at and grow in your career

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at MaxLinear full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

MaxLinear is a great place to work. The company is big enough to have really smart engineers to learn from but small enough that I have had a lot of exposure to the r&d process and not just a small part of it. We move fast here but coworkers are driven and the higher ups are involved and available. I’ve gained a lot more experience than my friends who went to bigger companies.

Cons

Time frames can be pretty tight so more time would be better so we can develop the best products possible.

Not a Cog

I have been working at MaxLinear

Pros

Because Maxlinear is smaller - you get to do things that you can't do for years and years in a larger organization. You are not "just some cog in the wheel" you are a player from the start! It is a place of intensity - work really hard and play hard. There are great people to hang out with so you never have to feel out of things. Cool groups that get together.

Cons

It is a real open and accessible enviornment - you can walk right up to the CEO and talk with him but sometimes he can be a little demanding.

There are newer employer reviews for MaxLinear