There are newer employer reviews for MaxLinear

Great place to get broad based technical exposure.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MaxLinear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Engineering teams work on cross functional teams and quickly build broader base technical skills. A great career move! The access to the senior leaders is open to all. Since many of them are also engineers it often is a great conversation.

Cons

Being a smaller company there are sometimes some resource challenges but the teams in other countries really do their part so it all works.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not a Cog

I have been working at MaxLinear

Pros

Because Maxlinear is smaller - you get to do things that you can't do for years and years in a larger organization. You are not "just some cog in the wheel" you are a player from the start! It is a place of intensity - work really hard and play hard. There are great people to hang out with so you never have to feel out of things. Cool groups that get together.

Cons

It is a real open and accessible enviornment - you can walk right up to the CEO and talk with him but sometimes he can be a little demanding.

2. I love this company! The place to make your dream come true!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MaxLinear full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a greatest place for engineering and management to gain incredible experience in the short time and grow up rapidly with company. I really enjoy the engineers around me and the positive attitude from everyone to win every design. I feel strongly we work as a team and gain the credit together. There is no individual worker who just finishes the assigned job and goes home. The teammates just like my family and cover each other when there is any difficulty inside and outside the job. Awesome working culture! Everyone likes to win and treats this company as his own!

Cons

Need to focus on higher ASP products in the road map to turn the engineering/management effort to be valuable!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work to make precise decision and keep respecting each employee as last year.