Maxim Healthcare Services

There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Healthcare Services

Awesome Company!

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Houston, TX

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation is great, flexible hours, AWESOME recruiting team!

Cons

Hours decline during summer months because census is low at most facilities.

472 Other Employee Reviews for Maxim Healthcare Services (View Most Recent)

Maxim Healthcare

Current Employee - LVN
    Current Employee - LVN

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

The office staff if easy to work with. You can pick the number of hours you want to work and what location you want to work.

Cons

The instabillitly of the hours, such as if the client goes into the hospital or is no longer eligible for services with the company.

nove

Horrible company to work for

Former Employee - Personnel Coordinator
    Former Employee - Personnel Coordinator

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- I enjoyed most of the people I worked in the office with, but some of the managers were horrible. That's about the only good thing I can say.

Cons

- Pay, I was extremely underpaid, I got a promotion after several months and was told they would try to give me a raise. They were able to get 50 cents approved and then after my first year there was a freeze on raises. They had the nerve to say well at least we got you that raise when we could. Considering all the responsibilities I had and the constantly changing policies I had to try to keep up with, what they were paying me was a slap in the face.
    - Policies, these constantly changed, you could be in compliance and then out of compliance within a few weeks. Nothing consistent, but you were expected to always be in compliance.
    - Management, pretty much a good old boys club. Like many others have said the management and supervisors mostly just wasted time in their office pretending to work while the recruiters and other office staff slaved away actually working

I don't have any advice that they would listen to. Upper management is completely bought in on what an "amazing" maxim family they have.

There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Healthcare Services