Maxim Integrated

www.maximintegrated.com
  www.maximintegrated.com
There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated

It is a ok place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Maxim Integrated

Pros

There are / were a lot of talented design engineers at the company and most of the projects are interesting.

Cons

The company has changed a lot in recent years and has made some bad acquisitions. Many top design engineers have left the company.

349 Other Employee Reviews for Maxim Integrated (View Most Recent)

Fast-paced company that is really trying to make a difference.

Current Employee - Coordinator in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Maxim Integrated

Pros

-Fast-paced, start-up mentality
    -Very competent colleagues, who work hard and want to do their best.
    -Improving company culture, Maxim is focusing more on employees and becoming more innovative
    -Stable, profitable company

Cons

-Sometimes leadership doesn't look at the long-term strategy, they're too busy putting out fires.
    -There are still remnants of Maxim's old micromanagement culture, which stunts employee satisfaction.

Keep going with the culture changes, and trust your employees. They want the best for the company too!

I'm proud to work at Maxim.

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Customer Operations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate, Customer Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Maxim Integrated

Pros

The Maxim Principles (now Core Values) are not just BS printed on a coffee mug or posted on people's cubicle walls, people at Maxim really live by such principles as not accepting the status quo, always standing up for what you believe to be right, and trying as hard as you can.

I trust in our company's leaders. I know they thoroughly consider all major decisions, they are very forward looking, and I believe they act in the best interest of Maxim's customers, employees, and stock holders.

Maxim demands commitment and hard work, and it makes it a better place to work because I take pride in working for a company that holds itself to a high standard. There is no frustration about people not carrying their weight.

People are promoted based on merit, and they are compensated based on merit.

Cons

There are exceptions to the great parts of Maxim. There are the occasional weak employees, there are the occasional poor managers, and there are the occasional bad decisions.

Continue to focus on employee job satisfaction. I have seen a huge improvement in this area over the last x years, and would love to see it continue. I’m talking in particular about the little things, like involving employees in planning of company events, to ensure the return on investment for large company events is worthwhile - because the employees are able to really enjoy the events. Maybe increase team building opportunities. This is encouraged in some groups, but not others. Make a budget for team building that is lost if not used. Every other quarter require involvement from employees from multiple departments in order to use the budget to help increase collaboration. Provide a free lunch once a week. Or offer free snacks in the break rooms on Fridays. Little things make a big difference.

There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated