It is a ok place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Maxim Integrated

Pros

There are / were a lot of talented design engineers at the company and most of the projects are interesting.

Cons

The company has changed a lot in recent years and has made some bad acquisitions. Many top design engineers have left the company.

Other Reviews for Maxim Integrated

I'm proud to work at Maxim.

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Customer Operations  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate, Customer Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Maxim Integrated

Pros

The Maxim Principles (now Core Values) are not just BS printed on a coffee mug or posted on people's cubicle walls, people at Maxim really live by such principles as not accepting the status quo, always standing up for what you believe to be right, and trying as hard as you can.

I trust in our company's leaders. I know they thoroughly consider all major decisions, they are very forward looking, and I believe they act in the best interest of Maxim's customers, employees, and stock holders.

Maxim demands commitment and hard work, and it makes it a better place to work because I take pride in working for a company that holds itself to a high standard. There is no frustration about people not carrying their weight.

People are promoted based on merit, and they are compensated based on merit.

Cons

There are exceptions to the great parts of Maxim. There are the occasional weak employees, there are the occasional poor managers, and there are the occasional bad decisions.

Continue to focus on employee job satisfaction. I have seen a huge improvement in this area over the last x years, and would love to see it continue. I’m talking in particular about the little things, like involving employees in planning of company events, to ensure the return on investment for large company events is worthwhile - because the employees are able to really enjoy the events. Maybe increase team building opportunities. This is encouraged in some groups, but not others. Make a budget for team building that is lost if not used. Every other quarter require involvement from employees from multiple departments in order to use the budget to help increase collaboration. Provide a free lunch once a week. Or offer free snacks in the break rooms on Fridays. Little things make a big difference.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Maxim Integrated

Pros

Work with competent co-workers, you will learn a lot. People are mostly helpful and innovation is encouraged. Great benefits - profit sharing, 401k, health, etc.

Cons

Recent reorgs and layoffs - although minor compared to industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated.

Worked for Maxim Integrated? Contribute to the Community!