Maxim Integrated

www.maximintegrated.com
  www.maximintegrated.com
There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated

Company with no growth for individual contributors

Former Employee - Smts in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Smts in San Jose, CA

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

quite stable company; good benefits;

Cons

1, No opportunity for growth
2, No promotions
3, Senior management (SVP in the manufacturing operations group) makes all decisions including pay raise/compensation/bonus

Reward hard working people in manufacturing operations group and promote good employees

356 Other Employee Reviews for Maxim Integrated (View Most Recent)

executive management

Former Employee - Executive Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Executive Management in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

good technology, solid legacy products, solid industry reputation.

Cons

Opportunity for personal growth limited, has become political internally. Upper management disconnected from lower levels. To many slogans. Decisions made in a vacuum without consulting the management most affected. The top level management level has had a chaotic last year with many of them leaving and many new hires made outside the company. They are searching to establish a long lasting culture and seem to want to distance themselves greatly from the past roots. The recent change in logo is an example and it looks like an eye chart. The company is still full of good people however in its past it had one of the best concentrations of talent in the valley.

Look beyond your personal ambitions and build sustainable value.

Great Opportunity for me

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Maxim Integrated as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had a fantastic mentor and worked on a great team. I felt very comfortable asking questions and critically discussing problems. My technical and soft skills flourished here.

I was impressed with the CEO. He has a critical eye and has a good sense on running a company. He has effective conservative values, but I think he needs to get a little more risky and creative. He and his team are smart enough to do so.

Cons

The environment was less creative and motivating then it could have been. I would like see the group offices filled with paintings, plants, artwork, etc. Grey cubicles are boring.

Healthy body, healthy mind! Open up the gym!
    #1 improvement that needs to happen for Maxim: get going on the Maxim University program. Give employees incentive and motivation to grow while attracting top talent. I see too many older folks playing solitaire. Solitaire is boring.

There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated