Good

Current Employee - Intern in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Intern in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Maxim Integrated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good to work in a large company and learn a lot from many knowledgeable engineers. Engineers there are very nice and helpful. They provide very serious and challenging internship work and also expect interns to take the work serious and be productive.

Cons

In my internship duration, I have to do everything including circuit design and software development. Sometimes, it is frustrating to develop software for a circuit designer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

excellent people to work with at Maxim

I have been working at Maxim Integrated

Pros

Maxim's greatest asset are the excellent employees that work at the company. There is always something new you learn on the job as well as in he classes and lectures Maxim offers. Keep it up Maxim!

Cons

Company runs too lean. Need better communication from middle management regarding company direction.

Advice to Management

I believe Maixm needs to sacrifice a little today to be better positioned for the future.

Great place to start

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some fine minds to work with. You will see veterans with tremendous technical experience. You get to do a lot of stuff and learn beyond your realm of work. Most of the folks are extremely helpful and willing to teach you if you show interest. You are encouraged to work in other areas.. you just need to raise your hand when theres a new project for grabs and chances are you'll get it.

Cons

Tremendous pressure. Not for people that want an easy job. Very fast paced and 24 by 7 flow of information you need to monitor. The office is generally low staffed so that puts additional pressure on teammates. Few new graduates so very small peer group for a student out of university. But that's changing now I guess.

Advice to Management

Please speed up the hiring process and hire sufficient man power. There have been a lot of goodchanges in the recent times. Keep it up and make it a pleasant place to work.