There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated

Bad Company to start career at

Former Employee - Test Engineer in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Test Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nothing....if you are a new grad, don't start career here because management is ruthless and incompetent. The worst decision I made in my life to work here when much more stable companies were knocking at my door. It was like marrying a bad wife...just don't do it ever....learn from my mistake. Senior engineers are really just more paid off pawns who are scared to be let go themselves and rely on the steady paycheck.

Cons

Everything....management is out of touch..had no idea how hard its engineering staff works on new chipsets and the challenges and time needed to develop the next generation of chip sets...would rather get a Christmas bonus than seek long term growth....company is corrupt and not about engineering anymore. They are always looking for new blood to use and people who are unaware and/or desperate. The company is incompetent and you'd be better off using your engineering mind somewhere where there is long term investment in your skills and development. This company could be realize its full potential if incompotence was not promoted everywhere. The company is being sabotaged from within.

Advice to Management

None....power has corrupted them beyond repair....

reviews filtered by
  1. Intern experience at Maxim

Former Intern - Test Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Test Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Maxim Integrated as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Maxim`s intern pay is quite high. They treat you well. You can tell that they are interested in investing in the future.

Cons

There were times where the work felt tedious. Some days required very long hours, but it was enjoyable.

Enlightening

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Talented folks - lots of great ideas and ambitions. Solid company IP

Cons

Political. Business mentality. Inconsistency in management. Lack of alignment between business units/groups. Not a one maxim!

Advice to Management

Listen to the individual contributors. Improve rank and rating methodologies especially for middle management.

There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated