Maxim Integrated

www.maximintegrated.com

Depends on which Vice President your under.

Senior Applications Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsVery good pay for salaried individuals. Fair pay raises in this day and age, excellent bonus pool when the company does well. Maxim is a foward looking company, planning years ahead to stay profitable. Senior management seems to have alignment and vision. Competive benefits balanced with other "semiconductor" companies but not businesses across the board.

ConsNot family friendly. 24 hours a year for sickness, family illness or children issues. After that your written up for attendance issues (hourly employees). With compressed shifts being 12 hours long, that equals 2 days a year before attendance is at issue. Salaried employees fair much better and do not risk being laid off because they have poor health or a sickly family member. Depending which Vice President your under, you will ALWAYS feel 1 day away from being laid off. Leadership by fear and intimidation vs. A VP who leads by example.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop it. Stop using benefit data from 1980's and understand people have illnesses, live with disease and disorders. People raise children and have families. Stop with an absense policy that encourages sick people to come to work. Look at all industries and see how they treat employees. Enough already with the fear mongering. Each day I went to work, I felt like it would be my last day, until it finally was, not for performance but for being an American trying to work at a company where the ethnicity of your VP determines your future.

High caliber

I have been working at Maxim Integrated

Pros: All the groups have extremely smart people. The company is growing… Cons: Salary level is less compared to others. Number of vacation… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Intern experience at Maxim

Test Engineer (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Maxim Integrated as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Maxim`s intern pay is quite high. They treat you well. You… Cons: There were times where the work felt tedious. Some days… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Maxim Integrated.

Worked for Maxim Integrated? Contribute to the Community!