Maxim Integrated

www.maximintegrated.com
  www.maximintegrated.com
There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated

Depends on which Vice President your under.

Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer
Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very good pay for salaried individuals. Fair pay raises in this day and age, excellent bonus pool when the company does well. Maxim is a foward looking company, planning years ahead to stay profitable. Senior management seems to have alignment and vision. Competive benefits balanced with other "semiconductor" companies but not businesses across the board.

Cons

Not family friendly. 24 hours a year for sickness, family illness or children issues. After that your written up for attendance issues (hourly employees). With compressed shifts being 12 hours long, that equals 2 days a year before attendance is at issue. Salaried employees fair much better and do not risk being laid off because they have poor health or a sickly family member. Depending which Vice President your under, you will ALWAYS feel 1 day away from being laid off. Leadership by fear and intimidation vs. A VP who leads by example.

Stop it. Stop using benefit data from 1980's and understand people have illnesses, live with disease and disorders. People raise children and have families. Stop with an absense policy that encourages sick people to come to work. Look at all industries and see how they treat employees. Enough already with the fear mongering. Each day I went to work, I felt like it would be my last day, until it finally was, not for performance but for being an American trying to work at a company where the ethnicity of your VP determines your future.

356 Other Employee Reviews for Maxim Integrated (View Most Recent)

High caliber

I have been working at Maxim Integrated

Pros

All the groups have extremely smart people. The company is growing with new strategy of aligning business units according to end products.

Cons

Salary level is less compared to others. Number of vacation days are few too. Need more products in non analog space.

Bad Company to start career at

Former Employee - Test Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing....if you are a new grad, don't start career here because management is ruthless and incompetent. The worst decision I made in my life to work here when much more stable companies were knocking at my door. It was like marrying a bad wife...just don't do it ever....learn from my mistake. Senior engineers are really just more paid off pawns who are scared to be let go themselves and rely on the steady paycheck.

Cons

Everything....management is out of touch..had no idea how hard its engineering staff works on new chipsets and the challenges and time needed to develop the next generation of chip sets...would rather get a Christmas bonus than seek long term growth....company is corrupt and not about engineering anymore. They are always looking for new blood to use and people who are unaware and/or desperate. The company is incompetent and you'd be better off using your engineering mind somewhere where there is long term investment in your skills and development. This company could be realize its full potential if incompotence was not promoted everywhere. The company is being sabotaged from within.

None....power has corrupted them beyond repair....

There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated