I was a Senior Equipment Specialist providing preventive maintenance to manufacturing machines.

Former Employee - Senior Equipment Specialist  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Senior Equipment Specialist in San Jose, CA

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company provides excellent salary compensation and full medical benefits along with driving you to be the best that you can be. They provide excellent safety training programs such Haz-Mat and ISO 9001 document control.

Cons

The Job requirements can be very demanding in keeping production operating at 24 by 7, 365 days a year with a machine up time greater then 85%. Relaying machine problems to management can be difficult at time due to production demands.

provide management training to managers.

Other Reviews for Maxim Integrated

Not a merit based culture

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time

Pros

A lot of people working 80+ hours per week

Cons

A lot of people working 80+ hours per week for low pay. I suppose this is not unusual for semiconductor firms in the Bay Area, as people choosing this industry are choosing it because they could not make it in the more innovative sectors (software, internet, social media, etc.) I was told the firm was founded by an incredible micro-manager (Jack Gifford) who would bully, and otherwise verbally abuse his subordinates, and unfortunately this culture still exists today.

I would recommend that they study today's Fortune 500 and leading growth companies so that they can bring their business culture out of the 1970's.

good

Former Employee - IC Design  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - IC Design in San Jose, CA

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can learn a lot of technical stuff from the company. This is very beneficial to my future career path.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at the moment because it is very subject feeling which may mislead people in the future.

There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated.

Worked for Maxim Integrated? Contribute to the Community!