There are newer employer reviews for Maxxam Analytics

human resources

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for if you are looking to learn new things. One always keeps busy and days go by very fast. Company goes through a lot of changes as it grows and it is great to see that you are offered a variety of tools to be able to perform your job. Company encourages growth from within and management seems supportive of new ideas and opportunities to improve the work environment. I feel comfortable sharing idea and expressing my point of you. Maxxam offers job stability and remarkable benefits. You have the feeling that you are working with the best in your field.

Cons

too many emails in a single day!

reviews filtered by
  1. Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Maxxam offers a lot to it's employees, more and more as it grows at a rapid pace. Great benefit packages, employee events (breakfats, BBQ's, free ice cream), nice facilities, free coffee rewards program, employee assistance program. There are a lot of jobs opening as we expand and Maxxam likes to promote from within. Definitely gives you an opportunity to try different positions. In my experience here I have been given the freedom to try many different things which has been an amazing learning experience.

Cons

While Maxxam's salary structure reflects competitve wages within the analytical testing industry, they are fairly low, resulting in turnover. The cons would really depend on your specific role.

As you grow continue to offer employees advancement and benefit opportunities to keep them growing with you.

2. Opportunity, Support, Benefits and more at Maxxam.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Diverse lines of business = longevity in the market place.
    Multidiciplines allow for numerous opportunities for employees to gain experience in a number of areas of analytical testing.
    Very supportive of continuing training and employee development
    Big supporter of new residents with overseas credentials
    Diverse benefit's packages - range of benefits/options and award programs are continuously improved and expanded.
    Opportunities for contract summer work for new grads and co-op's to gain valuable experience. Many are hired permanently.
    Compensation is fair and appropriate to experience and marketplace comparison.
    Large and focused safety program. Saftey of staff, employee families, customers and visitors is strongly supported from the top down.
    Empraces multiculturism.

Cons

There are no cons that are specific to Maxxam, that would be different to any other empolyer that provides laboratory services. Demands of customers can be high and as a service provider - in order to remain successful, those customer requirements need to be met.
    Some days will require additional hours/extra effort to accomplish this - however those that continuously step up, have been rewarded in some fashion and typically advance in their career quicker than those that do not.

It is surprising to see negative comments by some former employee's. My personal experience has been one where I have been supported from an entry level position, through a number of promotions and positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Maxxam Analytics