May Trucking

www.maytrucking.com

Good starter company

Current Employee - Truck Driver  in  Salem, OR
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Salem, OR

Pros

Understanding that sometimes its not possible to make on time delivery and pick up.customer service works well on getting appointments changed when needed. most of the time we run hard miles and long days but thats what I'm paid to do. Home time is another good thing.i choose to stay out longer then some drivers but when I'm ready for time off my dispatchers does everything she can to get me there on or around the time I request. Rider policy is also very nice.

Cons

Trucks are goverened at 61 mph. may company drivers drive new aero dynamic trucks such as 387,t700, and the new pete 587. I'm a fan of old long nose petes. The other problem is they promise dock detention and layover pay just don't expect to see it in you're pay. Electronic log books can be a pain until you get used to them.

When a driver says the load planned on them will be cutting it close to make on time trust us. We plan a lot and figure in traffic, weather, mountains. I know you plan loads based on 55 mph but sometimes we can't even do that. If we could run aleast 65mph we could deliver more loads and make more on time appointments. And please pay us our dock detention and layover. It aint our fault it can sometimes quite a few hours to unload. And at times that will cost us loosing the next load.

Other reviews for May Trucking

Great company to work for.

Pros

Great group of people from the office to the drivers, and very helpful.

Cons

There's really nothing bad about the company, its all what you make of it.

Pretty good for a starting driver.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Layton, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Layton, UT

Pros

The driver managers and others seem to be friendly and want to work with the drivers as long as everyone is willing to be flexible.

Cons

Planners seem to have a problem planning appointments in reasonable time frames. Sometimes deliveries are impossible to make due to their not building in enough time to get from point A to point B.

Planners need to look at the important variables in order to set appointments for delivery before sending the preplans and dispatches to the drivers.

There are newer employer reviews for May Trucking.

Worked for May Trucking? Contribute to the Community!