Good starter company

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Salem, OR
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Salem, OR

I have been working at May Trucking

Pros

Understanding that sometimes its not possible to make on time delivery and pick up.customer service works well on getting appointments changed when needed. most of the time we run hard miles and long days but thats what I'm paid to do. Home time is another good thing.i choose to stay out longer then some drivers but when I'm ready for time off my dispatchers does everything she can to get me there on or around the time I request. Rider policy is also very nice.

Cons

Trucks are goverened at 61 mph. may company drivers drive new aero dynamic trucks such as 387,t700, and the new pete 587. I'm a fan of old long nose petes. The other problem is they promise dock detention and layover pay just don't expect to see it in you're pay. Electronic log books can be a pain until you get used to them.

Advice to Management

When a driver says the load planned on them will be cutting it close to make on time trust us. We plan a lot and figure in traffic, weather, mountains. I know you plan loads based on 55 mph but sometimes we can't even do that. If we could run aleast 65mph we could deliver more loads and make more on time appointments. And please pay us our dock detention and layover. It aint our fault it can sometimes quite a few hours to unload. And at times that will cost us loosing the next load.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company Overall

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

I worked at May Trucking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people To work for

Cons

Sitting long peroids of time fail to pay detention pay, no direct deposit

2. Pretty Good Pay

Current Employee - Driver in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Driver in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at May Trucking (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice equipment and management. The inverters are expensive but work very well. Money is pretty good and you get detention pay after 2 hours of waiting. Pensacola terminal is small but they'll get you freight asap

Cons

Little home time. They care about the freight than their actual employees lives. Just crazy... Sometimes the dispatch sits around and just smokes all day doesnt answer your calls. Racist trainers

Advice to Management

Start regional runs so employees get home faster