May Trucking

Good starter company

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Salem, OR
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Salem, OR

I have been working at May Trucking

Pros

Understanding that sometimes its not possible to make on time delivery and pick up.customer service works well on getting appointments changed when needed. most of the time we run hard miles and long days but thats what I'm paid to do. Home time is another good thing.i choose to stay out longer then some drivers but when I'm ready for time off my dispatchers does everything she can to get me there on or around the time I request. Rider policy is also very nice.

Cons

Trucks are goverened at 61 mph. may company drivers drive new aero dynamic trucks such as 387,t700, and the new pete 587. I'm a fan of old long nose petes. The other problem is they promise dock detention and layover pay just don't expect to see it in you're pay. Electronic log books can be a pain until you get used to them.

When a driver says the load planned on them will be cutting it close to make on time trust us. We plan a lot and figure in traffic, weather, mountains. I know you plan loads based on 55 mph but sometimes we can't even do that. If we could run aleast 65mph we could deliver more loads and make more on time appointments. And please pay us our dock detention and layover. It aint our fault it can sometimes quite a few hours to unload. And at times that will cost us loosing the next load.

10 Other Employee Reviews for May Trucking (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for.

I worked at May Trucking full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great group of people from the office to the drivers, and very helpful.

Cons

There's really nothing bad about the company, its all what you make of it.

Based out of Salem Or. Fabulous experience in logistics of shipping goods in the UNITED STATES

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Salem, OR

I worked at May Trucking full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The job requires complete concentration on safty, driving, knowing where you are and how to get from pointA to B in a very thought out timely manor.

Cons

You will be alone 99% of time on road. You sleep,eat and live in the cab of this truck tractor.for 30 plus days at a time. This is no good for a out going person.Will ruin any relationship.

They(Management) think only in moving frieght. Not about a person persoal well being. There are no nice events on the road. Stops are authorized. They need to be made to get a place to stop,sleep,fuel,eat and any personnel hygene needed.

There are newer employer reviews for May Trucking