May Trucking

www.maytrucking.com

Good starter company

Truck Driver (Current Employee) Salem, OR

ProsUnderstanding that sometimes its not possible to make on time delivery and pick up.customer service works well on getting appointments changed when needed. most of the time we run hard miles and long days but thats what I'm paid to do. Home time is another good thing.i choose to stay out longer then some drivers but when I'm ready for time off my dispatchers does everything she can to get me there on or around the time I request. Rider policy is also very nice.

ConsTrucks are goverened at 61 mph. may company drivers drive new aero dynamic trucks such as 387,t700, and the new pete 587. I'm a fan of old long nose petes. The other problem is they promise dock detention and layover pay just don't expect to see it in you're pay. Electronic log books can be a pain until you get used to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen a driver says the load planned on them will be cutting it close to make on time trust us. We plan a lot and figure in traffic, weather, mountains. I know you plan loads based on 55 mph but sometimes we can't even do that. If we could run aleast 65mph we could deliver more loads and make more on time appointments. And please pay us our dock detention and layover. It aint our fault it can sometimes quite a few hours to unload. And at times that will cost us loosing the next load.

Great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at May Trucking full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great group of people from the office to the drivers,… Cons: There's really nothing bad about the company, its all what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Puppy Mill

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at May Trucking

Pros: Teaches you everything your truck driving school forgot to teach you. Proper shifting,… Cons: Too many drivers, not enough loads, They must get an incentive from the feds to take in all these newbies,… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your people with respect. GET THEM LOADS!!! More

There are newer reviews on May Trucking.

Worked for May Trucking? Contribute to the Community!