Honest Leadership - Too Much Micromanagement

Former Employee - Technician in Titusville, FL
Former Employee - Technician in Titusville, FL

I worked at MayCom Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My pay, expectations, and treatment were satisfactory. I had a good manager and good training. I was a Technician and was treated fairly by management and coworkers.

Cons

There was an overwhelming focus on meeting short-term goals on a per-day basis. Store managers didn't have discretionary power over hiring and firing, which created a situation where my small store of 3 employees (the optimal amount for our foot traffic), suddenly had two extra employees, which killed our personal goals, affecting our commission, while the store's goals met the same standard as they had before. The manager had no control over this, as they were hired by the district manager.

Advice to Management

Empower your managers. Nobody knows the storefront better than they do.

Other Employee Reviews for MayCom Communications

1. A work in progress

Pros

Pretty good pay compared to other comp plans for cellular sales, Maycom is a growing company. They now have stores not only in Florida but North Carolina also.

Cons

Can be very demanding at times, the company needs better managers. The company is growing in size but nothing else. It can be hard at times to get in contact with upper Management when its needed

Advice to Management

Find a way to give more feed back to employees

2. review

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Daytona Beach, FL

Pros

40 hours full time they have full benefits. Coworkers are friendly all together a decent plays to work. If you can sale. You can make decent money

Cons

Sales. Hi pressure sales. Alot of charge backs It can be boring at times. Customers are complicated sometimes. Could be better.

Advice to Management

Non non non non non n n n m n n n m n n n n n n n n mn n j n n n j j j j h n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n j