Mayo Clinic Health System

There are newer employer reviews for Mayo Clinic Health System

I interned in the Revenue Cycle as a Financial Counselor

Current Employee - Patient Financial Counselor in La Crosse, WI
Current Employee - Patient Financial Counselor in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Mayo Clinic Health System as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The staff at Mayo was helpful at introducing me to software and the knowledge of the healthcare industry I needed. I was given a lot of responsibility and was able to do creative work on a lot of Mayo Projects. The Experience definitely shines on my resume. Very Flexible scheduling too.

Cons

I could have used a more defined role. While I got to work on a lot of big projects, when these were finished there were days where i felt my time was not being used well.

Management should seek out more College Interns. I pretty much piloted this internship experience and am now exploring a full time role at Mayo. I have a leg up on outside employees and this benefits both me and Mayo

24 Other Employee Reviews for Mayo Clinic Health System (View Most Recent)

nightmare

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint James, MN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint James, MN

I worked at Mayo Clinic Health System full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Health insurance and Paid Time Off were good, involvement in community activities was nice (if you don't mind walking in a lot of parades that is)

Cons

MCHS preches open culture, needs of the patient come first... at the location I was employed at that open culture sure has a long way to go. Managers have meeting to talk about meetings which is all they do all day long. Organization as far a defining roles still has much work to be done. Management was like a big band of brothers if one was displeased they all would be in some way. Employees are stretched very thin.

Ok

Current Employee - Accounts Specialist in La Crosse, WI
    Current Employee - Accounts Specialist in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Mayo Clinic Health System full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Macro-managed, friendly management, flexible, understanding of work life balance

Cons

The facility needs to learn to work together

There are newer employer reviews for Mayo Clinic Health System