Mayo Clinic Health System

Unclaimed Profile

I interned in the Revenue Cycle as a Financial Counselor

Current Intern - Patient Financial Counselor in La Crosse, WI
Current Intern - Patient Financial Counselor in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Mayo Clinic Health System as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff at Mayo was helpful at introducing me to software and the knowledge of the healthcare industry I needed. I was given a lot of responsibility and was able to do creative work on a lot of Mayo Projects. The Experience definitely shines on my resume. Very Flexible scheduling too.

Cons

I could have used a more defined role. While I got to work on a lot of big projects, when these were finished there were days where i felt my time was not being used well.

Advice to Management

Management should seek out more College Interns. I pretty much piloted this internship experience and am now exploring a full time role at Mayo. I have a leg up on outside employees and this benefits both me and Mayo

Other Employee Reviews for Mayo Clinic Health System

1. nightmare

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint James, MN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint James, MN

I worked at Mayo Clinic Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health insurance and Paid Time Off were good, involvement in community activities was nice (if you don't mind walking in a lot of parades that is)

Cons

MCHS preches open culture, needs of the patient come first... at the location I was employed at that open culture sure has a long way to go. Managers have meeting to talk about meetings which is all they do all day long. Organization as far a defining roles still has much work to be done. Management was like a big band of brothers if one was displeased they all would be in some way. Employees are stretched very thin.

2. Ok

Current Employee - Accounts Specialist in La Crosse, WI
    Current Employee - Accounts Specialist in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Mayo Clinic Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Macro-managed, friendly management, flexible, understanding of work life balance

Cons

The facility needs to learn to work together