Mayo Clinic Health System

Add Review

Great place to work

Current Employee - Security Officer in Rochester, MN
Current Employee - Security Officer in Rochester, MN

I have been working at Mayo Clinic Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Dedicated to the best interests of the patients while still looking out for each and every one of the employees as well

Cons

Sometimes focused on a bigger picture that leaves the individuals left out of the process

Advice to Management

Consider the impact of decisions on all of the parties involved, sometimes they aren't all obvious at first

reviews filtered by
  1. I interned in the Revenue Cycle as a Financial Counselor

Current Intern - Patient Financial Counselor in La Crosse, WI
    Current Intern - Patient Financial Counselor in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Mayo Clinic Health System as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff at Mayo was helpful at introducing me to software and the knowledge of the healthcare industry I needed. I was given a lot of responsibility and was able to do creative work on a lot of Mayo Projects. The Experience definitely shines on my resume. Very Flexible scheduling too.

Cons

I could have used a more defined role. While I got to work on a lot of big projects, when these were finished there were days where i felt my time was not being used well.

Advice to Management

Management should seek out more College Interns. I pretty much piloted this internship experience and am now exploring a full time role at Mayo. I have a leg up on outside employees and this benefits both me and Mayo

2. nightmare

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint James, MN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint James, MN

I worked at Mayo Clinic Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health insurance and Paid Time Off were good, involvement in community activities was nice (if you don't mind walking in a lot of parades that is)

Cons

MCHS preches open culture, needs of the patient come first... at the location I was employed at that open culture sure has a long way to go. Managers have meeting to talk about meetings which is all they do all day long. Organization as far a defining roles still has much work to be done. Management was like a big band of brothers if one was displeased they all would be in some way. Employees are stretched very thin.