There are newer employer reviews for Mayo Clinic

A lot of bravado

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Rochester, MN
Former Employee - Analyst in Rochester, MN

I worked at Mayo Clinic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Layed back work environment
Very flexible
Love the primary value - "the needs of the patient come first," which for the most part the organization tried to deliver on.

Cons

It was over six years before I got a performance review, which my manager was lousy at doing. However, others did get performance reviews and were then promoted. So basically, if your manager likes you and your personality you will get ahead.
Favoritism is common place.
Everybody gets a raise…nothing is based one's performance, so everyone eventually becomes complacent.
Mayo was a "physician lead" organization, but has become a physician MANAGED organization. As a result, decisions take for ever and they are slow to respond to fast changing market conditions.

237 Other Employee Reviews for Mayo Clinic (View Most Recent)

Good Place to for anyone to work great place for the medical staff

Current Employee - Administrative Services Practice  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Services Practice in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Mayo Clinic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture is probably the largest postive in my mind. I can say that everyone in a leadership role, that I have encountered, is both kind and empathetic to the needs of of the employee. They still have solid benefits even though they have been reduced from there previous levels. Their pay is competitive and their campuses are pristine.

Cons

Their scheduling systems are challenging to work within, at least at the site that I work at, because of the high demand for both physician and testing resources. It is a difficult game that administration plays with the marketing of the brand and the reality of what is possible.

Invest more in interactive on site training and education less on surveys about perception. I feel as if there are some software system changes that annual software system training would beneficial for the support staff.

Good place to work, but not as amazing as they let on

Current Employee - Patient Care Assistant  in  Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Patient Care Assistant in Rochester, MN

I have been working at Mayo Clinic part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is above average, the benefits are great. Some of the people are very nice and friendly. They pay for your uniform once every year for a pca and they pay for all classes you may need to take for your job (such as CPR). I just love working with those patients that you grow a bond with :)

Cons

They make it seem like this amazing place to work, where everyone is always happy and friendly. They sweep under the rug certain, however. Some of the people are very full of themselves and have an attitude. I have lived in Minnesota for most of my life and I don't really care for the area nor the people...sorry.

Make changes for everybody, not just the "lower" positions. Expect everyone to do their best and nothing less.

There are newer employer reviews for Mayo Clinic

Worked for Mayo Clinic? Contribute to the Community!