Mayo Clinic

There are newer employer reviews for Mayo Clinic

My Twelve Years at Mayo Clinic

Former Employee - Lead, Logistics Associate in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Lead, Logistics Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Mayo Clinic full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

No weekend work. Good people to work with. Very good PTO and worked with your personal life as needed

Cons

The main campus was in Rochester, MN. Projects would start and be shelved frequently. Too many administrators who knew nothing of supply logistics.

Let the employees do their jobs without trying to change things for the sake of change.

267 Other Employee Reviews for Mayo Clinic (View Most Recent)

Positive Biostatistics Intenship

Former Employee - Biostatistics Intern in Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Biostatistics Intern in Rochester, MN

I worked at Mayo Clinic as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I found the master's levels mentors to be very helpful, I worked on interesting projects, gained experience in popular software, worked a semi-flexible schedule

Cons

As a recently minted BS intern who was going to be beginning a PhD program in the fall, I wish I'd had the opportunity to work more with the PhD level biostatisticians to better understand their role.

Not as Prestigious as It Purports Itself To Be

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mayo Clinic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent Benefits- Pay is OK

Cons

Non Clinical Staff members are treated poorly
    Merit Increases are small or non-existent

Stop politicizing everything. Realize that all staff members are important contributors to your organization. Non-clinical staff are not pee-ons and should not be viewed as a necessary evil.
    I actually worked for Mayo Clinic and Mayo Hospital. My first position at the Clinic was a great experience from 1997-1999. I was proud to be a team member there,
    I moved away and returned to AZ taking a job with the Hospital in 2009. I immediately realized that the organization had changed dramatically- and not for the better.
    Our department was actually told to avoid going to lunch while the doctors and nurses were dining because non-clinical personnel made them uncomfortable! My manager was completely clueless - lacking the practical or people skills necessary for her position. She operated on a "favorites" mentality. This seemed to be a prevailing theme throughout the entire business office.

There are newer employer reviews for Mayo Clinic