Mayo Clinic
www.mayoclinic.org Rochester, MN 5000+ Employees

Problems and Opportunities at Mayo Clinic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood benefits,internationally recognized,superior care in most areas.

ConsNurses have very little leeway with clinical decision making. Top-heavy.Nurses are expected to run unnecessary tests to get the institution to get more money or paranoia about lawsuits, or both..

Advice to Senior ManagementGive nurses more flexibility, within legal and safety boundaries, to try different modalities of care. Be more pragmatic than policy and paranoia driven.

Systems Engineer

Health Systems Engineering Analyst (Former Employee)
    Rochester, MN

I worked at Mayo Clinic full-time for more than a year

Pros: The Belief at being the Best is instilled throughout the… Cons: Decisions take too long to make. Opportunities are lost in… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more money on making sure processes are done correctly. Infrastructure / Systems are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Life changing career.

Clinical Lab Technologist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Mayo Clinic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The best that health care has to offer. Working here you can tell there is a… Cons: The only real con is hearing back from human resources is painfully slow in a company of 40k employees. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Mayo Clinic.

Worked for Mayo Clinic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mayo Clinic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mayo Clinic CEO John H. Noseworthy. All reviews posted anonymously by Mayo Clinic employees.