There are newer employer reviews for Mayo Clinic

I have never been so taken care of in my life. They really care for the wellbeing of every one of their employees

Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Rochester, MN
Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Rochester, MN

I have been working at Mayo Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supervisors try to do what they can to help you with scheduling, pursuing interests in and out of the office, and there is a great sense of community and teamwork as everyone is trying their best to do good quality work. The pay is great too.

Cons

Some people have only worked for Mayo Clinic and don't know how good they have it and will complain about changes or little things that can be frustrating about every job. If you've worked anywhere else though you'll learn to just ignore the whining and continue to love how good you've got it. I think the worst thing about the entire company is trying to find parking.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing: checking in to see how we are as tech's, sharing your funny stories from weekend trips or time with family, being understanding when things don't work out the way we planned, and all the other great things we appreciate about you.

Other Employee Reviews for Mayo Clinic

1. overall experience is positive

Pros

Benefits, well know company to work for

Cons

parking, its all abou who you know

2. Information System Intern at Mayo Clinic. Supporting Bioinformatics Research. Works in a research group.

Former Intern - Intern-Information Systems in Rochester, MN
    Former Intern - Intern-Information Systems in Rochester, MN

I worked at Mayo Clinic as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working communities are friendly, diverse. Benefits are good. There are buses, good dining halls. As one of the top hospitals in US, the most frontier bio-medical researches are done here. And the Information System is definitely large as a hospital.

Cons

Not a IT company, so information system is at a supporting position. Mostly research-oriented. Payments may not be very high. And the city is relatively small and cold.