Mayo Clinic

www.mayoclinic.org
  www.mayoclinic.org
There are newer employer reviews for Mayo Clinic

Its a good place to work

Former Employee - Data Coordinator - Research in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Data Coordinator - Research in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mayo Clinic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mayo Clinic has a great reputation so its a good resume builder. The pay is great in Arizona in comparison to Banner and other medical facilities.

Cons

It's more of a name than a reality. It is mostly MD managed, so decisions are generally in the favor of physicans, not support staff. They are making a lot of changes right now with the budget so it is not the Mayo Clinic that it once was.

Cut the management. Instead of a person reporting to a Lead, a Manager AND a Supervisor, trim the fat and save some money by implementing more efficient processes.

266 Other Employee Reviews for Mayo Clinic (View Most Recent)

I have never been so taken care of in my life. They really care for the wellbeing of every one of their employees

Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Rochester, MN

I have been working at Mayo Clinic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Supervisors try to do what they can to help you with scheduling, pursuing interests in and out of the office, and there is a great sense of community and teamwork as everyone is trying their best to do good quality work. The pay is great too.

Cons

Some people have only worked for Mayo Clinic and don't know how good they have it and will complain about changes or little things that can be frustrating about every job. If you've worked anywhere else though you'll learn to just ignore the whining and continue to love how good you've got it. I think the worst thing about the entire company is trying to find parking.

Keep doing exactly what you're doing: checking in to see how we are as tech's, sharing your funny stories from weekend trips or time with family, being understanding when things don't work out the way we planned, and all the other great things we appreciate about you.

care culture great, allied health staff culture corrosive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

I worked at Mayo Clinic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice place to be at if you get sick or have a major medical issue at work.

Cons

No advancement. No growth unless personal growth. Low salaries. Crony kingdoms and emperor builders abound. Don't show initiative or ambition you'll be the first one shot.

Make managers do continued education to keep position. Have HR deeply involved in hiring process to make it fair (including IT positions).

There are newer employer reviews for Mayo Clinic