Mayo Clinic

www.mayoclinic.org

Good pay, tough politics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Pros

The pay is great, the benefits and facility itself are wonderful.

Cons

There are a lot of hoops to jump through sometimes just to get a straight answer. The higher ups don't necessarily want to commit a direct yes or no answer to something. I've had one supervisor who was actually caught in a lie, due to something like this.

Stand by your decisions, and employees. If you change your mind later, deal with it then.

Other reviews for Mayo Clinic

I loved working at Mayo

Former Employee - Summer Intern  in  Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Rochester, MN

Pros

People are knowledgeable and kind

Cons

Location is not very attractive

A wonderful organization that truly values its patients and employees

Former Employee - Summer III Nurse Extern  in  Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Summer III Nurse Extern in Rochester, MN

Pros

On the unit where I was employed for the summer, I felt that the staff truly did live out the motto, "the needs of the patient come first". The manager was very understanding and worked incredibly well with his staff. The other nurses on the unit seemed to really enjoy being at work each day, creating a positive and enjoyable work environment. Patient satisfaction seemed to be high, also boosting the morale on the unit. Overall, I really enjoyed my 10 week internship with this organization.

Cons

Location - Rochester is somewhat small if you're coming from a large city, and also lacks affordable transportation options to other major cities. However, the Twin Cities are only a hour and a half drive away and from there you can find whatever you need, including the Minneapolis airport.

Continue doing what you are doing and make sure the organization stays centered around your motto - keep putting the needs of the patients first while showing your employees that you value them and their hard work.

There are newer employer reviews for Mayo Clinic.

Worked for Mayo Clinic? Contribute to the Community!