McAfee

www.mcafee.com

Great turn-around of an old line company in trouble

Director (Former Employee)

ProsVibrant culture - very people-focused and friendly, great products, decent salary and benefits. Original turn-around and high growth strategy led by Dave DeWalt was very exciting and on the right path. Result was unique breadth and depth of portfolio and rapid increase in market share. Culture developed around combination of great hiring and emphasis on people-related programs and activities.

ConsStruggling under thumb of Intel, very poor top management, brain drain in senior executives and tech talent since Intel acquisition. Management has shifted to more demanding and political style, with resulting impact on performance in some areas. Over emphasis on sales investment has made other functions suffer and built sense of unfair distribution of resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to break away from Intel. Invest more broadly across business functions, moving away from just staffing up sales in spite of low productivity. Find a way to change out top management to get stronger industry and people leaders.

Great place to work

I have been working at McAfee full-time

Pros: Good work and life balance Cons: Not really much any cons Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company!

Software Developer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at McAfee full-time for less than a year

Pros: 1.flexibility to learn. 2.Great perks and benefits. 3.Work/life balance. 4.Individual recognition 5.Good chances to… Cons: Salary offered is comparatively less than a current market. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on McAfee.

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!